Item not as described

marcelocbritto
Contributor
Contributor

I bought used, unlocked Iphone but seller delivered locked Iphone, it means, item not as described. I can prove, because I called Apple. They said the Iphone is locked with Verizon since the first purchase. I have a paper that prove it. I open a case, but Paypal  close the case with: 

After careful consideration, we're unable to decide this claim in your favor at this time.

The listing accurately described the item you received.

Paypal is crazy, because description was: 263157980424 - Apple iPhone SE - 32GB - Rose Gold (Unlocked) Smartphone

So, it's a unfair decision. What can I do?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You could appeal the decision but you should first understand the limits of PayPal buyer protecton for not SIGNIFICANTLY as described. What the physical description correct?  You need to look at PayPal policies to determine what that really means.  Then you take a legal perspective and treat it like a lawyer would do basing it on PayPal's very specific policies and phrases.

How does PayPal know if you are telling the truth or the seller is?  PayPal does physically inspect a product either before or after sale.   As a buyer you need to understand the buyer protection limits.

Electronics are extremly high risk of fraud or other issues to rip off buyers and/or sellers.  

In future just make your phone purchase from a reputable business locally.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.