I'm getting billed from iTunes and cannot find what it is for. $9.99

CathyDodds
New Community Member

Every month I get a recurring charge from PP*ITUNES.COM/BILL. I've looked at my subscriptions (Netflix is the only one for $7.99). I've looked at all the spots that the say to check. How can I stop this? Can Paypal stop paying it? Help please! I've been putting this off for several months but I can't keep paying this $9.99 every month.

Thank you!

Cathy

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

TheJayJayStore
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Hello @CathyDodds! How are you?

Anyways, your first step is to contact Apple about this at Apple.com/Contact. PayPal isn't able to help you because the Purchase Protection program only covers significantly not as described physical products (excluding currencies), missing physical products (this still excludes currencies) or unauthorized transactions (any product) - it was only intended for eBay, I believe. If you find that this transaction qualifies, then, here's what you do:

1. Go to PayPal and login.
  2. At the bottom of the page, there's a link that says "SECURITY" and click on it.
  3. Near the bottom of the next page, click on the link that says "Suspicious or unauthorized transaction?"
  4. On the next page, there will be steps that you can take. Please follow those steps to a "T." I would tell you what these steps are but each country has their own information that one needs to follow.
  5. You will also need to repeat steps 1-4 with the exception of going to "Report identity theft" instead of "Suspicious or unauthorized transaction?"

Good luck! And let me know how it goes!

Did this help? Let me know by giving me some kudos and selecting this as the solution. Otherwise, go ahead and reply to this forum with the correct solution. Also, help other's in this community! Enjoy!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry to hear about the unauthorized charges, CathyDodds. That can definitely be frustrating! I wanted to follow up with both of you to shed a little light into the situation and hopefully help get this resolved. 🙂

Thanks for that info, @TheJayJayStore! It's definitely important to report the charges as unauthorized if you continue to see payments come out of the account that you aren't approving, as well as taking the steps to change your password. I'm unsure what TheJayJayStore is referring to regarding reporting identity theft, as that's not something that would be done through PayPal. We simply investigate compromised accounts. Identity theft would probably need to be reported to the credit bureaus. In this case however, it sounds like this is more of a billing agreement situation occurring within your own account, which wouldn't necessarily qualify as identity theft.

You can check on your active billing agreements using the steps listed here. If you see iTunes listed, you can check on the right side and it should either say "Active," "Inactive," or "Disabled" (something along those lines!). If you don't see it there, please contact us right away so that we can check the account from our end and ensure the unauthorized billing doesn't continue.

I hope this information helps! Both of you have a great rest of your day. 🙂

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.