How to Handle Bank Fraud with Pay Pal ACH ECheck

KtJJWatt
Contributor
Contributor

Is there a way to report certain PayPal ID's to PayPal for Fraud?  We had some fraud with our bank and it turns out they were using a PayPal account to steal the money from our account.  They just paid themselves or acted like I was making purchases with ACH and EChecks.  Do I just let the bank handle it with PayPal or do I need to submit a dispute?  My account doesn't show any purchases yet they stole over $3000.  Thank you!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

If you file a fraud report, your bank will take care of it.  You need to make sure you do the required documation for fraud.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

If you file a fraud report, your bank will take care of it.  You need to make sure you do the required documation for fraud.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

how does one paypal account steal from another Paypal account 'sbank account using ACH and echeck?

are you sure it is via Paypal?

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I think the OP will find a different answer if the bank actually does research about the fraud.  My guess is that  it wasn't related to PayPal security but something related to the OP's use of accounts.  The bank can figure it out, but it would probably be better for the OP to do research first.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

if you use your phone and download APP,there are so called overlay software which gets into your phone,follow you around when you log into finance sites and steal your password and account number.

This is how they manufacture transactions charging your credit card or bank account ,the easist would be something which makes you believe you have bought something via Paypal.

Your bank should be able to trace where it comes from and the fund has to go to someone's account so it is not that difficult to trace.

There are other scams out there,they can buy a check from someone who has the set up to print checks with magnetic ink on the bottom of the check,they will issue you a check with the legit company name and the bank where they conduct business,so you deposit the check and the company found out and your check bounced and your bank is not pleased.

There is also way to hack a bank ATM system where all the cash in that ATM machine at a certain day and time will be emptied out,they tried that in Taiwan and another country,I think it is Thailand,they have someone standing by to receive the cash.

This is big time fraud,not indvidual petty crimes   

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.