Has anyone ordered anything from Century Avatar

spyke01
Contributor
Contributor

They show up on Paypal as Soceity Starz.  They are selling Nintento Swiches for $207.  I purchased one, but I'm worried they might not be legitamate.  They haven't actually taken the money out yet, and I tried to contact them several times to get a tracking number, and they aren't responding.  I'm worried that it will get to be Christmas time, and NO Switch.  And all the others will be sold out. 

Login to Me Too
35 REPLIES 35

Nendobot

what happened?

Login to Me Too

spyke01
Contributor
Contributor

Read the previous posts.

Login to Me Too

Cannabliss313
New Community Member
Has anyone recieved their order yet? I ordered mine on the 19th and I just got the email stating that my order has been shipped on the 22nd at 9:39 pm. I contacted Shopify and expressed my concern about the price, hoping that it isn't too good to be true and they forwarded it to the Risk Assessment Team to make sure they are a legitimate business and thus far everything seems to be ok. I haven't recieved any email from Shopify stating that they're a fraudulent business. The only logic I can come up with about the sweet price is that the warehouses are located in China. My aunt went to China on business several years ago when the Wii was freshly released and she was able to get them very cheaply over there and make a sweet profit upon returning to the states when they were in short supply here. Let me know what happens and I will report back with any updates as well.
Login to Me Too

suehuang1993
Contributor
Contributor

Same here. I called Paypal immediately and asked the transaction to be void after reading this page (2 minutes after I made the purchase) on Tuesday, Nov 21. The Paypal agent said it would be canceled, but apparently it is not. I just saw the money withdrew from my bank account today. I also received an email telling me it's getting shipped, but so far no new change of status. How did everyone receive the tracking number? I honestly just want a refund at the moment...

Login to Me Too

Salhanna7
Contributor
Contributor
I did a few days ago as well. The payment I sent went to Padtriston. Different from others. I am wondering the same about the legitimacy. I began a PayPal Resolution. I also emailed and have received no replies. This was on two different days.
Login to Me Too

Salhanna7
Contributor
Contributor
I can’t even search for the deal that I initially found on the Internet a few days ago. It is only going to the Century Avatar website that I find the Switch listed. I hope I am wrong, but I don’t have a good feeling about this.
Login to Me Too

suehuang1993
Contributor
Contributor

Happy holiday everyone! Can anyone who filed a Paypal resolution keep us updated please? I read a lot of posts about Paypal not issuing refund for some similar cases and might need some insights. Thank you! 

Login to Me Too

Imaami
Contributor
Contributor
Same story here..... can not get t gem to reply.... worried. Christmas present..will it be here??? Are they legit!
Login to Me Too

suehuang1993
Contributor
Contributor

Same here. I called Paypal immediately and asked the transaction to be void after reading this page (2 minutes after I made the purchase) on Tuesday, Nov 21. The Paypal agent said it would be canceled, but apparently it is not. I just saw the money withdrew from my bank account today. I also received an email telling me it's getting shipped, but so far no new change of status. How did everyone receive the tracking number?

Login to Me Too

spyke01
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered mine a month ago and still haven't had the$$ come out, and have not gotten a tracking number.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.