Fraud

victimoffraud2
New Community Member

Somebody recently sent me $4000 in $1000 increments for unknown reasons.  Somehow, this $4000 was then forwarded to a contact within my account. I received an email from the person who received the $4000 immediately. They knew it was a fraudulent payment. I contacted PayPal immediately to let them know what had happened. Five days later they denied my claim.  I called back and asked why.  They said it makes no sense why this person did not send the money back so apparently I meant to send it. I explained that someone obviously hacked my account that I had nothing to do with this. They just argued with me and said that it's not fraudulent. WOW!  

Has this happened to anyone else?  If so, what can I do to fix this?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Heretohelp1
Contributor
Contributor
You should open unauthorised claim against the payments that were sent from your account . And you should refund any payments that you received that you weren't expecting. Change your password too
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It is hard to believe some one hacked into your account and sent 4k to another account.

You need to review your security software and change your password like the other poster suggested.

change the passwords of other accounts as well-bank,cc ,

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.