Seller deleted account, ebay refunded payment, now received item

nebsales
New Community Member

I bought and paid for an item on Ebay, then shortly afterwards, I received an email from Ebay that the seller was no longer registered on Ebay. I opened a dispute because I have been in these scams before, and I did receive a full reimbursement. I then started to get emails through PayPal to give this person their money back. I ignored them, of course, but then I did receive my order a few days later! So my question is, do I just pay them? I have the items, so obviously i need to, but it seems so strange the way it's played out. I've emailed the address on the paypal invoice several times, but have not gotten a response. Is there any way this could be a scam? 

I am so leery because I ordered the same item a few months ago and the same thing happened, only i never got that order. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Heretohelp1
Contributor
Contributor
Keep both until merchant contacts you. Give it a couple of weeks before using item and if you hear nothing then you should be good to go
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

some sellers after being suspended by Ebay,try to sneak back in and manage to sell a few items before they are caught by Ebay.

if you are happy with the item,you should pay him for the item.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.