Fraud via Walmart - they don't agree to hold the transaction. What can I do?

eddr666
New Community Member

Hi all

1. I've recieved today several notification about automatic cancelations of orders from Walmart, made using my Paypal. I did not do them.

2. One order seem to go through and the sum is $1300 (why would they confirm one transaction when two others have been blocked?)

3. I've talked to Walmart and they "can't" cancel or hold the transaction because they can't verify that ... something? it's not my order obviously and I don't even have a Walmart account. So, what can they verify exactly?

4. Paypal will take 10 business days to process it. I hope that I'll get refunded, but anyway, by then the thief will get his/her stuff.

What can I do?

How good is Paypal with this kind of situation? 

The purchase wasn't even made with any known address and a simple IP check would show that the purchases were made from some other place in the world..

Please advise

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@eddr666

Have you filed for unauthorised transactions in your paypal account? If so then you just have to wait for paypal to investigate and none of us here can second guess their decision.

Also i would change your paypal password / security questions / run a virus scan on your computer.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.