Fraud! I receive a counterfeit item, provide proof, got swindled and now they refused to refund me!

mik83
Contributor
Contributor

Okay so at this point I'm somewhat new to the whole eBay PayPal thing and this Merchant really got the best of me. I ordered a watch and received it only to find out that it was counterfeit. I found this out because I consider myself to be somewhat of an expert on the particular brand on removing the back of the watch I saw that the components were not the components that come with the actual watch they were ones from a 3 or $4 watch. In addition the watches bands or hollowed out and made from cheap steel hybrid, not metal surgical steel as normal in nearly every line of this watch company. I didn't confirm through the watch company the actual weight of the item and then Weighed the item out myself to see it was off by 40%! I confronted the seller and they said they cannot issue a refund if I have a case open and both PayPal and eBay so what they did ever so sneakily is tell me I had to cancel one or the other in order for them to issue the refund upon cancelling the PayPal clean because I was told I'd received my funds back faster they then contacted eBay and said we had resolved the issue and now neither company will reopen it no matter what I try. Even though it says I'm entitled to a full refund within 3 to 5 days they had to do was read the messages between the merchants and I and it's easily validated that they lied and didn't respond. It's clearly a case of a counterfeit item and fraud and I'm still not getting any help. Any ideas anybody I've tried opening it up two different ways and then they just keep emailing me the same garbage answer referring to policies. But the policies State I am to be protected. Since this incident, I've had to divert my business through other Financial entities which has been a huge pain in the butt and by not protecting me as a buyer they probably lost out on over $500 I don't see how this is beneficial to them. Can anyone provide me assistance to get this company to honor their policy?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

you cannot open a case on both Paypal and Ebay and credit card company,if yu use a credit card.

so now,you only chance ist o file chargeback with your cc issuer.

hate to ask,but if you know so much about the watch,how did you end up buying a lousy counterfeit?

ebay is loaded up to the gazoo with counterfeit watches,handbags,t shirts,

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.