(FRAUD) Paypal Investment Company

MKROntario
New Community Member

First of all, thanks Paypal for not allowing me any means to report this. The email option only deals with account issues and the Report a Problem (fraud) option only deals with purchases. Try as I might, I can't find a way to deal with someone about a non-purchasing issue. But then again Paypal has always been great at runaround.

Now then, there is a website purporting to be a Paypal investment company. They deal with Paypal payments and claim to give a return on investment. If you pay them with paypal funds, they'll pay you back that amount plus a certain percentage per day. It's what is known as a ponzi scheme and it's not Paypal authorized I am sure nor would Paypal allow their members to take part in such a scam.

They also use Paypal's logo.

Owner:  Jia

So I'll leave this here and maybe one day some CSR who is bored, might read it... and of the ones that read it... maybe one will act on it... and maybe that act will get forwarded to an abuse department... and .... oh what the **bleep** it will probably never be acted upon.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_Ashley

Hi MKROntario,

This does sound like it would be activity that goes against PayPal's Acceptable Use Policy.

You can report this by sending any information you have including the URL to aupviolations@paypal.com.

I hope this helps!

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

kimberlyahunter
New Community Member

I just rec'd an email advising that a payment of 102.00 CNF was pending on my paypal account transaction dated for May 30 2014, this was not a transaction I had approved, or made.  Please do not allow this to go through.  thanks,

Kimberly H

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ashley

Hi @kimberlyahunter,

Here's some information on how to tell whether or not the email was authentic: http://bit.ly/1aDvvZi

If you're unable to verify whether or not the email is authentic, please reach out to customer support for assistance. Customer support can be reached by selecting "Contact us" on the PayPal website. You can also find help on Twitter @AskPayPal or on the PayPal Facebook page.

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Calgary
New Community Member

I, too, received an fraudulent email purportedly from PayPal. I wanted to forward this to Paypal so they could investigate this. Paypal doesn't seem to be interested in receiving info like this, though - I couldn't find anywhere on their site telling me where to report fraud. As MKROntario noted, Paypal's only option is to report fraud related to a purchase. This is not the case - I have not bought anything, I just found a fake website pretending to be PayPal, using their logo and everything.

Where should we report things like this?

Thanks

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Erica

Hi Calgary,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention! We'd love it if you forward any suspicious emails received to us at spoof@paypal.com. Our fraud team will investigate these further. Smiley Happy

Thanks!

-Erica

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.