Debit card skimmed?

Jeremyrr
So 2 days ago I get a email saying that 259 dollars was charged to my debit card. This was while I was driving home. The transaction was made with my PayPal MasterCard and was used at a store in Mebane North Carolina when I live in South Carolina. The only I can see happening is that my card was copied when I had work on Sunday, I do deliveries in North Carolina and I always stop and swipe my card at the gas station in Greensboro North carolina which is 30 minutes from Mebane... I never go to Mebane. Money is really tight for me right now and I was wondering if there was anything I could do to get my money back as fast as possible...
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jeremyrr

Contact your card issuer and state unauthorised transaction.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Why didn't you phone the toll free number on the back of the card immediately?  You really need to be on top of the situation to prevent further fraud.  This should be a stop everthing and make the call.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

when you swipe your card at the gas station,did you go inside to do so?or you do it by the pump?   

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

is this the prepaid debit card or business debit card?

with business debit card,first it was authorisation,then comes the actual charge,see ifyou can file dispute online now/

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.