Customer reason for returning Book radically differant from ORIGINAL complaint

jjsquire
Contributor
Contributor

Greetings

I have a buyer who purchased a vintage (1950s) pamphlet some time ago,almost 2 months. There reason for returning had to do with the book not "having the history they were looking for on a particular subject". I will state it was the buyers first purchase through ebay.

They never tried contacting me through ebay saying they had a problem at any time. They filed a claim Months later stating they wanted there money back with the complaint stated above.

At this point in the Resolution Center the reason they want there money back is  "The listing didn't accurately describe the item's condition." THAT is what is upsetting me. Condition had nothing to do with the original complaint to PayPal. It never did.

The cost of the item was only $35.00 and a few times one has to bite the bullet. In my 15 years this particular thing has never happened to me.

Very frustrating

Bob <removed>

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jjsquire

In the event of an item received but not as described dispute it is always one persons word against anothers.

As paypal never sees the item you send or what the buyer recieves they 'tend' to favour the buyer BUT the buyer has to return the item back to you first at their own expense before you have to refund.

You have been lucky if you have only had 1 unfair dispute in all that time, I have had a few more than that. I tend to just tell them to return it for a refund as its less hassle than a dispute.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

TheJayJayStore
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Hello Bob <removed>, aka @jjsquire! Did you try to appeal the case or is this something, based on your "bite the bullet" comment, that you're willing to let go? I haven't had a situation where there was a claim filed, yet, but I'm sure it can be frustrating - as I have worked for other retail and fast-food businesses longer than my own business has been alive, at this point.

Did this help? Let me know by giving me some kudos and selecting this as the solution. Otherwise, go ahead and reply to this forum with the correct solution. Also, help other's in this community! Enjoy!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.