Buyer refunded for lost item, item then reappears...

playford69
Contributor
Contributor

I sold a $145 item to a buyer. Tracking showed that it made it to the hands of USPS and then tracking stopped for six weeks. The buyer threatened a claim and I just reimbursed to avoid the BS and because it was the honest thing to do. About a week after I refunded the money, the tracking showed that he had received it and didn't tell me. Now he has the item and his money back, and told me that he "repurposed the money" and couldn't give mwe the money back. He has stopped answering all emails. As Paypal has zero options for sellers to open claims, what do I do? Certainly it can't be so one sided that sellers get the shaft by default?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Sorry but once you have refunded you can't get the money back unless the buyer decides to re-pay you again.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

playford69
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, that is what I was afraid of. In the real world, this is called mail fraud - too bad Paypal doesn't care to get involved, especially when it is in their domain.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.