Been ripped off by a Seller/Company & Paypal just gave Carte Blanche to them to do it to others!!

Sad_Rosie
Contributor
Contributor

I  bought 4 chandlelier light bulbs, the seller sent the wrong ones, they sent 240 Volts & I needed 110 Volts, it took from Jan. 26/17 to Apr. 1/17 to come first of all, by the time I contacted them and heard from them it was over the time eBay allows a dispute or whatever, I then went to Paypal, I gave them the info. off the receipt and label, I sent them back to the address on the package, now apparently this person must not exist as they kept asking for me to send them back and would NEVER admit to receiving the items back.  Paypal said they couldn't find anything out from the numbers I gave them so they closed the dispute. I am out $25.00 plus $11.00 to ship them back, in which THEY THE SELLER sent the wrong items to me. Paypal as far as I'm concerned gave this seller/company CARTE BLANCHE to do this to others in the future now they have won, there was absolutely NO COMMUNICATION from the seller to Paypal, that showed on my end, so my guess is this company has done this before and silence is there motto???   VERRRRY Disappointed in Paypal as far as I am concerned they allowed this Seller/Company to RIP ME OFF, I guess trying to be a decent, honest buyer just dosen't pay off sometimes.  :o(   I guess I can charge it up too a lesson learned on both the Seller and Paypal. Anyone have a suggestion please?? Thank you. 🐵

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sad_Rosie

In the event of a SNAD dispute you get a full refund on return of the items to the seller, to PROVE the seller received them you need a tracking number that shows online that tracking number and delivery.

I expect you bought this cheap faulty stuff from China? If not then that is normally the one that there are more complaints about than others.

Paypal gives ''some'' seller and ''some'' buyer protection but the onus is on you to risk assess your own transactions.

If you funded your paypal payment with a credit card then contact your card issuer and they should be able to chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Sad_Rosie
Contributor
Contributor

First of all, I did NOT buy "cheap and faulty stuff", yes it was from Hong Kong, I bought these fancy candlebra bulbs from the ONLY place in this world this so called "STUFF" is made, I guess everyone in Canada and the U.S. must be buying "cheap, faulty stuff" from China then, because NO ONE else makes them, sorry to say!! Take a look at 99 % of the "stuff" you have bought, I am willing to bet it says "CHINA" on it. We gave up many years ago looking for quality goods made in Canada and the U.S. because WE don't make em' anymore, so what's a consumer to do???  When I sent them back I got a receipt with all the pertinent info. I thought was needed, I paid the money to Cda. Post to ship this stuff back, no one told me what Info. was on the receipt would be NO GOOD.  I was told to send them back,  "at my own cost" and I did, to the address on the package. Soooo funny AFTER I contacted Paypal all communication stopped, what happened to Paypal's suggestion "contact your seller to try and work things out"??????  Also they were NOT faulty, this companies employees sent me the wrong Voltage, did you not read my message I posted, THIS WAS NOT MY FAULT, I ordered the proper voltage and someone goofed. Oh well, you win some you lose some I guess, I think I should be thankful it was not an enormous amount of money, you learn something NEW everyday I guess, all I'm saying is this company has my goods AND my money, THANKS TO PAYPAL, as far as I'm concerned it was settled just too quickly for my fancy, and as I said before, GAVE THIS COMPANY CARTE BLANCHE TO DO IT AGAIN TO SOME OTHER UNSUSPECTING SOUL!!!!!!!

But, thank you anyway for your input, and since when do Credit Card companies give back money just like that, that's a new one on me?? 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sad_Rosie

If you look at my post I asked you if it was cheap and faulty stuff from China as that is normally where stuff like that comes from.

No idea where others buy your items, personally no way would I buy anything from a Chinese website as we get more SNAD item complaints on this board from items from China than anywhere else, that is why I guessed correctly.

Take a look at 99 % of the "stuff" you have bought, I am willing to bet it says "CHINA" on it 

That would be a NO.

Sounds as if you unfortunately only filed a dispute AFTER returning the goods, if you had opened a dispute / claim when you received faulty goods then paypal would have told you to send them back trackable and you would have had a refund when tracking showed that item as delivered.

Unfortunately too many sellers in China know that if you receive a SNAD item  >>

1. Its often too expensive to return OR

2. tracking ''sometimes'' does not work and they say they have not received it  Smiley Sad

As for credit cards, surely you have heard that credit cards cover you for purchases and may well do a chargeback for you?

If you funded it with a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback, I have done it x2 myself.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.