Account login problems

danpik
New Community Member

Running into a recurring problem and want to see if anyone else has experienced it. Several weeks ago I tried to log into my account. After a longer than normal login time I was presented with a page that stated...

Security Measures

We encountered errors with the highlighted item(s).

We are currently performing regular maintenance of our security measures. Your account has been randomly selected for this maintenance, and you will now be taken through a series of identity verification pages. Protecting the security of your PayPal account is our primary concern, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

ATM Card Number:
Expiration Date:
Security Code (CVV):

I called Paypal and spent 2 hours on the phone with them to resolve this. I took 2 days for them to clear it up.

Well, it showed up again today. I went to log in and was presented with the same thing. Currently I can not send invoices to 3 customers and have sent them emails explaining that I can not currently access my account so hopefully I will not lose any business from them. I am loged into the HTTPS site and I manually entered the address into my browser to ensure I was going to the legitimate site. I have this come up on both my home and work computer. I called this morning first thing and explained the situation. The tech was trying some things then we got disconnected. I realy don't think he had an answer for me and does not know what the problem is. Is there a way to get in touch with someone there who may be a bit further up the chain and knows what is going on there? BTW, I do not have an ATM card on file with them and no way would I ever let them know that info anyway. I may have to wait till this evening to call back due to time constraints

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Theabominable
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah went ot buy a proccessor chip off of Ebay but PayPal here won't let me finish my purchase unless I list a credt or debit card with them. That is none of your business, I linked a bank account to this account and thats where the money for my transactions comes from. Does the BBB really need to hear about this? Please let me use my own money to complete my transactions uninhibited, thank you

Login to Me Too

Theabominable
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry about not helping your topic, it was the ony way to get on 'cause what Paypal means by customer service is help yourself even if its our fault

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.