700.00 stolen from me

InLA
New Community Member

After spending hours with Pay Pal people, I find that since I contacted my bank first about an unauthorized withdrawal I am out 700.00.   Here is the story so far : in September someone named "Truonghieinp" was able to get 700.00 from my bank account with Paypal listed on the transaction.   I do not know, or have never been associated with this person or "seller".   I gave no permission or had no correspondence with  this person.   So after speaking to several Pay Pal people, the last one said that since I had contacted my bank first, the Pay Pal people could do nothing.   Don't  you think they should at least let us know that in the event of a scam or fraud that we should not contact our bank but contact them first?       Not a  happy camper

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

can you find this transaction in your PAYPAL ACTIVITIES ACCOUNT?

IF not,then it is not a Paypal transaction,just because the detail said paypal bla bla bla.

report to your bank and it should trace it to another bank and the bank account.

and check your bank security,do you use your cell phone t o do banking?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.