2 Customers this week open a non-receipt claim within hours of placing the order

saarb
Contributor
Contributor

This is the second time this week that I have a customer open a claim because they want to cancel the order, and opened hte claim under "item not received".

The item was not yet shipped as it's so quick after they placed the order - what do I do to avoid any negative impact on my account? I obviously have no issue with refunding the customer but I have feeling it would seem like it's my fault that he changed his mind after ordering.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

There is no fault to assign.  The buyers don't want the item.  You didn't ship.  Simple solution:  refund as quickly as you can.  There should be no unresolved dispute on your record, so clear it up quickly.

Since there is a non-receipt open I think you need to refund through the dispute; I've never done it so I'm not sure of the details.  Someone with more direct refunding experience will likely provide more information.

Login to Me Too

saarb
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the reply, I still have a feeling that it's like ebay / amazon, even if you refund, it seems bad on my end because a case was opened... 

In Amazon I know that if you refund, you are found at fault, and it counts as a negative mark against your account, I want to make sure it doesn't happen to me here.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

not much you can do,you just have some bad customers,either they find the item elsewhere for less or they are just nuisance,or whatever you sell ,someone is selling it cheaper .

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.