paypal resloution center offers sellers no support and is biased to the buyers 100% heres proof

pglplasvegas
New Community Member

Im at my wits end with this situation and i hope someone in reading this avoids the hurt and upset that im going thru at the very least .

Im doubtful anyone can help but heres my case and feel free to chime in 

Back on December 26th of 2015 i had a person who wanted me to do some performance parts installation and modification's to his 2006 chevy silverado pickup

The parts he wanted to purchase thru me and have installed were a supercharger kit Long tube headers a custom built transmission A camshaft and transmission cooler upgrade along with all the needed labor to do said work.The agreed price was 8500.00 USD.he date scheduled for install was over the new years eve weekend and my shop is located in las vegas nv .the agreed price is The client lives in concord ca and would drive down leave the truck on that thursday night and leave monday night.

I requested partial deposit for the parts needed and placed a order for the supercharger.he then transfers 5000.00 usd in two payments via paypal to me.A few days go by parts arrive and he drops off the vehicle to get the work done.Install goes as planned and the client picks up the car that monday night.I asked for extra time and was denied .At that moment he pays the rest of his remaining balance we shake hands and he drives 500 miles home without incident .

After a few days he begins to call and leave text messages saying hes racing this person and that and beating them etc BUT has a small concern that a minor fluid leak may become a bigger issue.I ask if its a serious situation and if so have the vehicle brought back to us in las vegas to resolve the matter .He Assures me its NOTHING big and ill deal with it.This pattern of call or text with small issue and refusal to bring it back goes on for several weeks about and finally it gets to the point where We DEMAND he bring the truck back so put the nagging this and that issue finally to rest.HE then says its too much trouble to bring it back to las vegas and would cost him too much in time and gas to do so.I then inform him he has a warranty thru us here and as a small business we cover our work but if he decided to take it elsewhere logically the warranty would be void and its in his best and most affordable interest to just bring it back since he already did the drive once and had zero issue then with the distance.

Client then ceases communications as of January's 27th .On febuaray 8th we recieve a email from paypal saying a chargeback in the amount of 5000.00 has be send in from the client and then within minutes 2 more chargebacks come thru all totalling 7700.00 all from the same person.

Now here is where things begin to go south in a hurry.

paypal first says we need to deal with each of these three chargebacks "One for 5000 one for 2000 and one for 700" As separate transactions even thou on their end its the same person and the transactions were done and processes within minutes of each other on the same day.

next they ask us for any info in regards to any possible claim the client may have against us.Paypal wont be specific in what the complaint is or reason behind the chargeback only saying its "Goods defective/not as advertised"

To make things clear and put in perspective,the client had major engine and transmission work done on his 2006 silverado,Then drove it 500 plus miles for 9 hours to get to his home in concord ca from las vegas nv .Then continued to operate the vehicle for a month without any breakdown and in his own words via text message "This thing hauls and is awesome" The client then posts videos on youtube and instagram and facebook of him doing burnouts and dounuts and street racing with all of the parts and work we did still on the truck and operating .But now he wishes to claim its defective and or not as advertised? ok sounds legit but lets continue.

We then provide Paypal with a screenshot copy of all the text messages in chronological order along with a detailed list of what was done to the truck and also screenshots of the instagram photots,Links to the vidoes on youtube and emails outlining where the client is saying hes 100% happy .All of this is sent to paypal .we are then told it could take 75 days but paypal will fight this on our behalf.

10 days later we receive a email from paypal stating that the did not receive all the info required "Even thou we have the emails and it shows on our customer center " and that they may find in favor of the buyer.WE then call the chargebacks department speak to a rep who apologized for the mixup and said this should be a open and shut case with all the evidence on our side to show the credit card company.I ask at this time can we contact the credit card company directly and get this resolved ?Or can we know whats been sent to them already because more video has appeared with the client street racing online ?We are told dont worry theres no need and we "paypal" Have everything under control and we "Paypal"are here to defend you.

5 days later we receive a call from paypals third party collections agency attempting to collect the 7700.00 we OWE paypal.

Even thou at this time it still shows as being disputed on our customer center and even calling into the chargebacks department we are told its still being worked on,The collection agency said "Your going to be found at fault and owe this to paypal,It always happens so just make a payment arangement now and get this paid off sooner rather than later"

we are then told over and over again that Paypal is working hard for us ETC and finally the email that we hoped would never come arrives .paypal says that the chargeback was approved and we now owe paypal 5000.00 USD!

Wait ?what happened to the other 2700.00usd that was part of the dispute? Ohh we are still disputing that as well and havent determined if it will be approved or denied . SERIOUSLY?how can you approve a partial chargeback ?

When we try to call into paypal we are imedately transfered to their thrid party collections team and they now tell us we owe Paypal 7700.00USD !!!

so what is it?5000.00 or 7700.00??? nobody can give us a answer .

We then ask how can we recover our items and property if the buyer is being fully refunded but still has the items in question in his posession and they are still installed on his truck.

Paypal tells us the have no idea that we have to contact the buyers credit card company if we have questions in regards to that or if we wish to dispute the chargeback further.Ok sure just one problem,Paypal refuses to give us the name of the credit agency in question. i then call into paypal via the guest 888 number and speak to KARI in the chargebacks department in arizona.She said the buyer should have sent us a tracking number to send us back our items ,I explain to her that the items are not easily removed and that they are part of his truck ,She then reviews the info that we sent in to paypal and after explainging what these things do and how they are installed she then says how can or could they be defective if he drove 500 miles on shot and kept driving it for a month afterwards?Also his refusal to bring it back to us to resolve any issue he may had was sketchy .She the said we need to contact the buyers credit card company ,Again we would if we knew who to call.

She then said ill call the buyer and see if i can get him to release that info to you.After a 30min hold she comes back and said the buyer wont release that info but is willing to drop the 2700.00 charge back and refund us VIA paypal 1100.00 as a settlement but he keeps the items and we owe paypal 3800.00 in balance and fees !!! according to KARI paypal supervisor at the chargeback department "You should take the deal because people usually dont get anything back at all!!"

I ask kari how can a credit card company side with the buyer in this situation and how and what did paypal do in my defense ,Her response was,We as paypal fowared the emails you sent us to the credit agency and they handed the matter from there.

Wait ???nobody from paypal SPOKE to anyone at the credit agency?her response was no its all done electronic.

How is that protecting my intrest as a seller and fighiting on my behalf?I could have sent the same email as a CC to them and cut the 75 day wait out of the picture ?What was paypal processing for that time?Again she has no answer for me 

Ok Smart question now comes from me ,Can i have the email address to contact the credit card company directly ?NO she replied WE as paypal do not have that information .if you wan the information you will have to get it from the buyer or send our legal team a subpeona in proper format for us to release it.I then ask can you call them directly and explain the situation??NO again she replies We dont have to do that for you and we dont even have a way to contact them directly !!

Now paypal has us in collection for 7700.00USD the buyer has his money back AND all of the parts as well,Paypal says they have done all they can and yet what they can easily do the either refuse or deny they have or should do!!

How is any of this defending a seller ?How can you not say this is 100%biased and unfairly balanced toward a buyer?Paypal get in touch with the buyer,He does not deny having the items or that hes using them and flat out tells them he wont return anything because in his eyes "He paid for it " and paypal will do nothing to resolve this and if anything has done as much as they can to prevent me from resolving it in any sane or resonable manner???

Anyone have a similar situation?I need all the advice and help i can get because this is totally unfair and goes against anything anyone can ever think to see??

Please communuty someone help!!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@pglplasvegas

Sorry no time to wade through all that, try editing with the salient points.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

chrismardi
Contributor
Contributor

I'm in Australia, we have free legal services that can offer you advice regarding your situation, you might have a similar service in your country?  I would also consider getting paid legal advice.  Also check your business insurance policies, do they cover fraud / theft / what is their definition of theft? Also explore it you are able report the buyer to Paypal for possible fraud? Talk to your local police,go into a station and chat face to face for advice (not over the phone).     Paypal will not help you, they are esstentially a bank.  The essential truth is that other Paypal customers can initiate refunds from you.  You have little to NO control over these refunds because Paypal decisions are final and they have your bank account information.....and your full legal consent!  I had a similar incident happen to me over the sale of a $100 item of clothing (small $'s compared to you) After the skirt had been hanging in the buyer's wardrobe for nearly 4 months, the buyer made a claim that it was damaged.  Paypal refunded the buyer from my account. What happened to you could have occurred anytime up to 6 months after you sold the car parts to the buyers (Paypal has a 180 day return policy!).  You might also want to consider this in deciding on future payment methods for your business.  So sorry to hear about what happened to you.  There will always be unscrupulous people in this world, and I do believe in karma!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.