Unauthorized Use of Your PayPal Account being ignored by PayPal

shaeknits
Contributor
Contributor

A card number on my account was charged $50 in another state on October 13th. It was used at Sears. I don't even have a clue what was purchased. PayPal sent me this email this morning:

We have completed our investigation of your case and, as there is
insufficient evidence in support of your claim, we have denied your
Unauthorized Account Use Claim.

I feel so hurt that I am not protected against unauthorized charges and that someone can just get away with using my card number. I had on email notifications so I contacted PayPal within minutes to have nothing done on my behalf. I feel so hurt. The card belonged to my husband who arrived home moments later as I was still on the phone with PayPal so there is no way either of us used that card in another state.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

shaeknits
Contributor
Contributor

I spoke to multiple people at PayPal today so this issue has been resolved. It seems when I originally spoke to the first person immediately after it happened she started a claim against the account and forgot to close it when I specified the problem was with one of my cards. That is why I got the denial letter since the problem wasn't against the account just that card. After speaking to a knowledgeable person in the credit card department I feel confident that they are on my side.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11
Solved

shaeknits
Contributor
Contributor

I spoke to multiple people at PayPal today so this issue has been resolved. It seems when I originally spoke to the first person immediately after it happened she started a claim against the account and forgot to close it when I specified the problem was with one of my cards. That is why I got the denial letter since the problem wasn't against the account just that card. After speaking to a knowledgeable person in the credit card department I feel confident that they are on my side.

Login to Me Too

gervin7712
Contributor
Contributor

hi did paypal refund you money? can you please tell me what exactly you said to them? i have same problem i have $350 worth of unauthorized charge bt they denied it also yesterday.can you help me please 😞

Login to Me Too

shaeknits
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. Yes I received my money back the same day although the claim isn't completely over PayPal assured me that they are on my side. Were the charges from your debit card or your overall PayPal account?

Login to Me Too

gervin7712
Contributor
Contributor

its from my paypal balance 😞 

Login to Me Too

shaeknits
Contributor
Contributor

Mine was from my card not my PayPal balance. Had it been the PayPal balance I was told the money would have taken 7-10 days to arrive back in my account. I called immediately after I saw the unauthorized charge and let them know that the person who used my card number was in another state. Originally the first person I talked too thought it was a problem with the paypal balance so that is why that claim was denied and the one with the Debit Mastercard wasn't.

Login to Me Too

gervin7712
Contributor
Contributor

may i know do you have any transactions after you got that sears fraud?like do you pay somebody or someone give you a money in your account??

Login to Me Too

shaeknits
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. Yes I have been able to accept payments into my account and send payments as well since the fraud but my problem wasn't with the overall PayPal account just my Debit Mastercard from PayPal.

Login to Me Too

gervin7712
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,thank you for your responses,im hopless i email them but they say that its intangble but im not the one who make that payment,well i think im done,well thank you again god bless you 

Login to Me Too

shaeknits
Contributor
Contributor

I am so sorry that happened to you. God Bless you too!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.