Scammed!

Crystalrenee
New Community Member
I was SCAMMED today by some people claiming to be with Publishers Clearinghouse.I was told to go purchase a Paypal MY Cash card and send them 100$ To make a very long story short they never arrived and deposited MY MONEY into THERE paypal account....Is there anything that can be done?Perhaps the account thAt my money was deposited in be looked at for fraud?Lord knows I'm not gullible but these people were on there game and had be convinced.If I was convinced there's no telling how many other thousands of people that have been robbed.Thank you all and beware and god bless
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

lady2pac
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal will never ask you to send the tracking number for an item that hasn’t been paid for yet.

If you’re not sure whether you’ve been paid for an item, check your transaction history.

• If you’ve already shipped the merchandise, contact the shipping company as soon as possible to stop the shipment. If they’re unable to stop the shipment, consider filing a police report regarding possible fraud.
  • If you haven’t already shipped the merchandise, don’t ship it.

Please forward the suspicious email to us. Here’s how to send us suspicious emails:

• Don’t change the subject line.
  • Forward the entire email to spoof@paypal.com. Don’t forward the message as an attachment.
  • Delete the email from your inbox.

We review this information carefully. We can usually let you know the results of our review within 3 business days

• Always remember to manage your account through PayPal.com and not just with the emails you receive
  • When you receive payment for your item, you will see the money in your account and/or the transaction right away
  • We will not ask you to use a 3rd party such as Western Union
  • As you can see people can try to get away with fraud and we do everything we can to keep you safe. Rest assured that by keeping and using your PayPal account you will be able to transact safely and securely online.
  • Definitely forward any suspicious emails or websites to spoof@paypal.com.

You may wanna file a report with you local police depart or file a complaint with the Internet Crime Center (IC3)

The IC3 is a patnership between the FBI and the National White Collar Crime Center. It investigates and refers complaints to law enforcement agencies that have the jurisdiction in the matter.

To file a complaint, go to http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.