Scam?

Suejkate
New Community Member

This has been sent to me. 

Asking for address password etc 

is it a scam?.

Your Account Has Been Limited.
Dear customer,
We are sorry to inform you That You account has been limited.
Please help us get your account back by Clicking on Update your information button Then Follow the steps it will just take 5 min or 10 min from you time.
Update Your informatioN

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Yes.

Paypal NEVER address you as Dear Customer etc, they will put your full name eg Dear John Smith.

Paypal NEVER tell you to enter sensitive log in or financial info via a download or attachment etc.

If in doubt send to spoof@paypal.com

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

tartlady
New Community Member

i have over the course of several months received emails saying my account has been limited and i have forward them to spoof and each time i get a generic email back telling me what i should do or not as the case maybe i has 3 yesterday already 1 today what the **bleep** is happening paypal needs to get this sorted not just for me but the emails are so good no telling how many customers have fallen into trap i am not sure paypal is worth this hassel

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

As the emails have nothing to do with paypal and are sent by scammers using different / hijacked email addresses somewhere in Africa what do you expect paypal to DO about it???

You send your email to paypal so you can confirm its not from them so you are not scammed but their is little they can do to stop someone emailing you from Africa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.