PayPal took money from my bank account?

Chiilo
Hi, I'm a bit confused and worried. I saw a transaction in my checking account today stating PayPal withdrew $45. I couldn't remember purchasing anything, so I checked my PayPal account and there are no transactions for this amount. Does someone else have access to my bank account number? What should my next steps be? Thank you! I'm very worried.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Robotazky
Contributor
Contributor

I would first login into Paypal and call them to discuss.  

If they don't know what you're talking about, go straight to your bank and discuss it with them.

You may have to create a new bank account and close the existing one if you can't figure out what's going on.

Login to Me Too

BIgsea
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same situation with ACH/check draft directly from my checking account. I filed claims with my bank and it will take 10 days for my money back. The hacker will need my paypal account name and bank routing number to do this. Since this happened again with same person so I am wondering if I stop the ACH/check agreement between paypal and my bank. I think this will solve the problem without change the account numer. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.