Legit Quick Security Question?

duksy
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I haven't used my Paypal account for 2 1/2 mos and when I tried to log in, I was prompted to change my password which I did and when I was trying to send money to a friend, I was routed to a quick security check page and was asked to enter my 16 digit card number which I did and I was just routed back to the "make a payment page" then when I hit "continue" I was asked again of my 16 digit card number. I did this 3 times and still nothing happened. I was wondering if this was a legit Paypal securiy question as I am afraid that I might be a victim of phishing or something. Thanks in advance!
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

As long as you intiated everything from within PayPal, it was probably just security issues.  Are you using the same computer and internet access as previously?  Are you using a computer or other device?  Are cookies and java script working correctly on your browser?  Did you try a different browser?

If you make too many failed attempts you may get your account limited and create a more complex issue.

You could phone PayPal customer service so someone could look at your account help you out.

Login to Me Too

duksy
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for that... Yeah, just recently, I changed network providers... Paypal must have detected a different IP address from my end or something. After all attempts to transfer money to my friend, I gave up. I was advised to try again later...
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.