I either got scammed or paypal sent my payment to someone else

majestictowel
Hi, about a week ago I bought an item on ebay. After I paying and everything the seller sent me a message a day later (more specifically after I payed) that the seller already sold the item to someone else. Now this Is where I go "oh okay then can I have my money back? She replies back with I didn't recieve it, so I reply with her paypal information and said I will go to the resolution center and ask where it went. Immediately after I sent that she responds a quick I'll get your refund back I'm not scamming you.... this where I get suspicious and after a week no response and no refund. The resolution center didn't help either so I emailed them a couple of times and keeps telling me to go to the resolution center. It's been about 2 weeks now and nobody has replied and suddenly the person you (paypal) sent my money saids they have no clue what I'm talking about, I have on my history that I sent the seller the money yet she's trying to play the I don't know what you're talking aboutcard. Anyone know what I can do otherwise calling customer supprt again and waiting 40 minutes is my only option again.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Hi majestictowel

Have you opened a dispute for item not received you have 45 days from payment date?

You can report the seller on ebay for non performance and leave appropriate feedback

Also block them on your block bidders list

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.