How to end communications and close case in resolution center?

namcmopar
Contributor
Contributor

#1 We sold and shipped form OR with free shipping to customer in CA.  

#2 That customer left a hateful smear remark with bright red donut in our feedback

#3 Buyer did this before he contacted us (seller) and then immediately opened a SNAD claim in resolution center.  

Note: His SNAD complaint is that he wanted the car bumper in the photo shipped with the sticker he bought)

#4 THEN buyer used the age old excuse "I will revise my feedback when you refund my money" which is feedback extortion.  

#5 Ebay clearly saw this fiasco for what it was and immediately removed the negative based on feedback extortion.  

My question for PayPal is "How do we make sure that PayPal also sees this fiasco for what it is and blocks his attempt at full refund on PayPal's side of the coin?  

I ask because we want to close the open case in RESOLUTION CENTER.  Customer is irrate and full of contempt at the fact that the neg is gone from our fb score.  We no longer wish to communicate with him because it seems he is not thinking in rational form.

Thank you in advance

NAMCmopar

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Hi namcmopar

Some info from ppal site:

How do I close a dispute or a claim?

If you close a dispute or a claim it’s important to be aware that the claim can’t be reopened. Closing a dispute you’re tells us that the dispute or claim has been resolved to your satisfaction.

Once closed, a dispute cannot be escalated to a PayPal claim and a claim cannot be reopened.

To close a dispute or claim:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click Resolution Centre at the top of the page.
  3. Select Open cases in the drop down menu and find the claim you wish to close.
  4. Click the Case ID link (e.g. PP-111-222-333) under the Case column.
    • If the case is in the Dispute phase click Close Dispute
    • If your case is in the Claim phase click Cancel this claim.
  5. Enter any comments in the comment box and continue to close your dispute or claim.

Learn more about Disputes and Claims for Buyers.

Closing disputes for sellers:

If you’re a seller you will not be able to close claims filed against you. Instead you’ll have the option to offer a full or partial refund to resolve a dispute:

• If you offer a full refund the dispute or claim will be closed immediately
  • If you offer a partial refund the buyer must agree before the dispute can be closed.
Login to Me Too

namcmopar
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply in attempt to be of assistance, but you see?  Seller can only refund - is that true?  To get a wierdo off you, you have to do as they say????  I dont agree....  We will not refund.  This guy is irrational and it is not my job to fund irrational claims with faulty facts.  I am looking for more advice please - advice that helps seller.

Login to Me Too

namcmopar
Contributor
Contributor

If we can figure this out, it will help all sellers.... 

Login to Me Too

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Sorry it doesnt help you but that is info from the ppal website on closing disputes

You cannot close a dispute when its opened against you unless something is agreed

You could contact ppal directly and express your concerns

Login to Me Too

namcmopar
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, Minti, I will contact PP directly - I thought to ask the community first because SURELY this isn't only happening to us...  It's clearly an error inside the PP system which is based on good e commerce and built to reflect rational behaviour.

Login to Me Too

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Yes you were right to ask first

You could repost your question as I couldnt help, someone else might have suggestions for you

I understand your concerns regarding this buyer but at the end of the day only ppal staff can tell you how it is

If you do call dont select any optons just hold on until you speak to someone

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.