Confirm PayPay Moblie Not Working

JoelWatkins
New Community Member

I am using Google Voice.  I am not receiving text messages from PayPal's Confirm Mobile Number.   How do I make this work?

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

pmv77
Contributor
Contributor

It works for me on my GV number now. Ready to rock an roll 🙂

Login to Me Too

Meowbie
New Community Member

Still not working with GV for me. Would really like this to be fixed! Seems weird that this issue has persisted for years now.

EDIT: I take that back: it's working now! I had to click the "Re-send confirmation code" link. Great to have this sorted at last 🙂

Login to Me Too

smesh
New Community Member

In my case I didn't receive first SMS and received second, after I clicked the "Re-send confirmation code" link. So, it works. A little bit not as expected. 🙂

Login to Me Too

ingtellect
Contributor
Contributor

I could verify my account with my google voice number in paypal. I could receive/send SMS with google voice to paypal(729725) but when I tried to purchase an item on eBay, and paypal request 2 channel verification(because i'm currently on abroad), it says "This phone is not in your name." I couldn't be verified with my real phone because the short code is not supported on roaming. It's super annyoing and CS is not helpful at all. Is there anything I need to do to make google voice work?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Michelle

Hi ingtellect!

Hello and thank you for joining the PayPal Community Help Forums!  I sincerely apologize that you did not receive a response from the community, and hope that your concerns have since been resolved.  If you still have any questions or need assistance, the best way to reach our customer service is by following the “Contact” link at the bottom of any PayPal webpage.   They will be more than happy to help!

Thank you again and I'm so sorry to hear that you were having difficulties logging into your account!

Cheers,

Michelle

Login to Me Too

Tykhon
New Community Member

Confirmed smesh's report.  I didn't get the first confirmation code.  I had to click re-send, and it came right through.  Thanks for the tip!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.