Charged $20 for Winning a Chargeback?

totalnoob
Contributor
Contributor

A chargeback was filed against me, I won and was reimbursed for the amount of the chargeback, but still charged a $20 fee by Paypal. Since I didn't deserve this stressful situation in the first place, as was confirmed by the buyer's bank and/or Paypal, I should not be liable for anything.

It doesn't seem like a stretch that Paypal will be encouraging buyers to file chargebacks left and right, if they can collect such a large fee no matter what the outcome.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Why not just call PayPal and request a refund?  Posting on the forum doesn't solve the problem as we are just PayPal users, not customer service.

Login to Me Too

totalnoob
Contributor
Contributor
Silly me for assuming this place was here for some kind of reason. I wasn't expecting anyone here to solve my problem, just shed some light on it for me. If you don't have anything helpful to add, don't reply. People who just desperately post brush-off replies everywhere to try to get kudos or whatever, make the boards pointless. Don't shame people for asking questions in a help forum.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.