Annual Interest Rate on my Paypal Credit Account?

SLB1963
New Community Member

Why is it soooo hard to find account info like annual interest rate on my Paypal crdit account?

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

PayPal_AdamD

Hi SLB1963 -

Thanks for reaching out to us. Hereare some links with information about the interest rates for PayPal Credit products:

http://bit.ly/UhXEh8

http://bit.ly/VB8CyF

- Adam

Login to Me Too

7AK
New Community Member

The question was.............Why have you made it so hard to find the APR of interest on these accounts!

Login to Me Too

tcmiller94
New Community Member

Exactly.  I've tried to read through your insane description of how you calculate interest rates and it seems to read "However the he** we feel like it"!  I absolutely cannot find a solid answer for what my interest rate is.  Why make this so difficult?  Doesn't that seem deceptive to you?  Don't I have every reason to believe that I'm getting bent over on this one?  Don't you think the Paypal and Ebay community will eventually get together and collectively come up with some sort of class action lawsuit?

Login to Me Too

FalconFour
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same problem, and sent them feedback from the page about it (will they listen?).

By clicking a few more random links, I was able to download a PDF statement at last!

1. On your PayPal home page, click the "PayPal Credit" link (above your big, glamorous, almost-deceptively-bold "Available Credit" figure)
  2. Click the big, blue "Make A Payment" button (even though this may not be your intention yet)
  3. On the "Make a payment" screen, click "Paying by mail?"
  4. Here, you now get a big screen overlay saying how to pay by mail, but includes a link to "your statement". Clicking this link will direct you to a PDF of your statement.
  5. This PDF includes all the legally-required, but nearly-impossible-to-reach information about your account, including the APR (19.99% for me - ouch)!

What a runaround, geez.

Login to Me Too

Chandre0620
New Community Member

You sir are awesome!!!! Thanks!!!!

Login to Me Too

judycougar75
Contributor
Contributor

I looked at my interest rate on Google.  I know it was high, but I had no idea it is 23.00% !!!!  Horrible.  They do a wonderful service and stand behind their customers, BUT it's almost criminal to charge such high rates to a consumer! Cat Mad

Login to Me Too

phd
New Community Member

after not seeing it on the view statement page (hello pay pal this is expected by your customers) i went to help and typed in "interest rate" and there it was.

I definitly watched myslf feeling scammed when I could not find the information.

More than when I found out it is 20 percent- then I could feel settled about the fact I am paying through the nose -at least I know how much.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.