An eCheck payment (refund) was declined by the sender's bank?

Loopdaed
Contributor
Contributor

I opened a case with a seller because I never recieved my item and he dropped all contact/stopped communicating with me after only sending me one reply.

Paypal issued me a refund, and it was supposed to be available today, but I recieved an email this morning instead, stating that the eCheck payment was declined by the seller's bank?

Here's the email:
An eCheck payment from xxxxxx was declined by the sender's bank. We will automatically try to process this payment again in 3 business days. It then usually takes 3-5 days for the money to be deposited into your account. Please do not ship items until you receive payment.

When I check my Paypal, it tells me that the refund is pending until April 30th. 
The only other situation on this forum that I could find was similar to my own, it said that they called Paypal and it was an "unusual issue" but it seems that person also had to go through a bit of a hassle to get their refund. 

Is this normal? Will I still get my refund?

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Loopdaed

Its  been declined by the sellers bank because they havent got the funds to pay you

Yes its normal to try again but unfair on the buyer to have to wait again!

Call paypal as sometimes they will refund you if you tell them its been declined and then go after the seller

Login to Me Too

Loopdaed
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, thank you for the response.

I called Paypal, and they told me pretty much the same thing as you did; that they will continue to try to pull the funds from the seller's bank until the 30th, otherwise they will refund me themselves.
I found out that this eBay seller had misled more buyers than just me, and as a result, had to refund others. The other buyers were refunded, and that must be why the account doesn't have sufficient money to refund me, unfortunately...

Do you think if I called Paypal again and let them know of this, they will give me my refund without having to wait the extra week? Or should I still wait?

Thanks.

Login to Me Too

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

I dont know what paypal will say, but you have nothing to lose its worth a try especially after this new info

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.