reload at the register

mthweatt
New Community Member

I'm trying to add cash to paypal at the register by printing  barcode as described on Money Pak website.  ( which tells me that money pak card is no longer for sale) - but when I log into paypal - and go to Money - this add cash at register with barcode option is not available - instead the y have money pak card which is supposedly obsolete. 

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@Swell wrote:
@the same thing happened to me a wwek and half ago. Loaded cash to PP acct @ the register, no cash on acct. PP transferred me all over the globe, no one knows. I uploaded the receipt x3 different times for x3 different supervisors, PP told me to call Rite Aid. Rite Aid calls Green dot. As per Rite Aid DMs, via email from Greendot, blocks were issued against my number. Not sure what any of this means, but I still dont have my cash. 10 days later!! And this is happening in 2017!!

i overheard someone said with this new system,the only place reliable to CVS,

Login to Me Too

Junkmatt
New Community Member

Got a barcode from PayPal today to load cash at Rite Aid. Drove 30 minutes to Rite Aid (1 hour round trip) and they had no clue about how to do this and said that in any case, they were prohibited from scanning anything from a phone! Waited another 1/2 hour for the store manager, she also had no clue about this "At The Register" / PayPal deal, and reiterated that they are prohibited from scanning phones. 

Wasted 1 1/2 hours on a BOGUS product. They should shut it down till they can make it work. 

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I am old fashion,reading all the troubles you guy go thru and I am not a fan of Rite Aid,why cant you folks just deposit your hard earned money in the bank linked to Paypal?

or are banks out of fashion now?

Login to Me Too

pretendmoney
New Community Member

@lancelotme wrote:

I am old fashion,reading all the troubles you guy go thru and I am not a fan of Rite Aid,why cant you folks just deposit your hard earned money in the bank linked to Paypal?

or are banks out of fashion now?

I can give you two examples, and both of them are situations I'm stuck in right now.

1) I still have an account with a bank that used to be in my local area, but closed their last brick-and-mortar branch in my city a few years ago. The only reason I really kept the account open was because I had a credit card through that same bank, and as long as I had a payroll direct deposit funding the account every month, I didn't have to pay any fees. Having a checking account linked to my credit card account was a fast, same-day way to make payments to my credit card. My problem now is that I am no longer working, so I no longer have direct deposit (and funds are now low in the account). I had enough foresight a month ago to cancel all of the automatic payments and debits coming out of that account, but completely forgot about the monthly fee (since I hadn't been charged one the whole time I had my paycheck deposited there). Monthly fee hit on the 19th of this month, and now my account is overdrawn. I need to get funds there ASAP. The nearest "branch" location is more than two hours away, and the amount I need in the account is less than what it would even cost me to drive there in gas $!  BUT -- I'm almost tempted to make the stupid drive, after reading all these horror stories! I can't even find anything in the Paypal CASH faq about how long it will take for the cash to be credited & available in my account to be transferred externally. On the Paypal landing page, an ad with a picture of a woman looking at a fancy pair of shoes in a retail store says, "Need your money right away? Transfer funds with PayPal and your funds can be available in your account within 30 minutes*" (and of course the * part is that funds *CAN* be available within 30 minutes -- but it CAN also take longer). So how long could it be?! If I can get money to the other account soon enough, my bank will probably waive the overdraft fee for me, since I've been a long-time customer. But what if I take my cash to 7-11, RiteAid or CVS like everyone in this string of messages has and suddenly my funds have disappeared into thin air? Then I'm out that money AND I'll be waiting around for days to find out what happened!

2) I also have another checking account, this one with Capital One 360, which used to be ING Direct. I used to really love ING Direct; Capital One 360 -- not so much. ING was an online-only bank that saved money not having the expenses of a traditional brick-and-mortar bank with locations in all the major cities -- so through those savings they were able to pay higher interest rates for basic savings accounts, as well as offer their customers free interest-bearing checking accounts with no fees. They do accept deposits of checks through their mobile app -- just snap a pic of the check and deposit the funds (takes a few days to be credited, but sometimes that's the case even at a traditional bank). BUT -- if I need to deposit cash, there's no way to do it locally. They did say they had ATMs in some cities that could accept cash deposits, but I have yet to find one in my area that actually does that.

UGHHHHH.

Login to Me Too

Whereismy500
Hello, I am having the same problem. Did anyone here resolve this ? Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Delo72
Contributor
Contributor
I'm having the same problem
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.