Prepaid Paypal Debit Mastercard, Transfer money from paypal to card????? Won't let me?

vbright2010
New Community Member

Hi, I went out and bought the prepaid paypal debit MasterCard today thinking I would be able to get home and activate it to transfer money from my paypal account to the card in real time like the site states. Also the back of the card package says "Transfer money from your Paypal account by visiting paypal.com/prepaid." I did that and the card is activated and the card is on my paypal account under credit cards. But when I go to transfer money only my bank account shows up not the card. Why can I not use it??  Also I can not be approved for the MasterCard paypal card, was denied by the way. That is why I am going with the prepaid debit paypal card. Also the card is confirmed under the my cards page.

Any help would be helpful. Also, I read somewhere about adding the Bancorp routing number and your account number to get direct deposit but when I try to find my account information on the page it does not show the area in gray with the acct number like the help page said. Do I have to do that to be able to transfer money from paypal to card?

Really confused. 

Thank you for taking the time to read this. 

Login to Me Too
148 REPLIES 148

TyTech
New Community Member

Same Problem

Login to Me Too

TatyanaB
New Community Member

I have the paypal prepaid mastercard (debit) i called maybe 5 times and they always give me the run around because when i try to login on www.paypal.com/prepaid it keeps telling me that there is an error and  that my prepaid card is not registered to my paypal email but my card is and also it is linked to my paypal account and im trying to transfer the funds from the paypal account to the card but its keeps telling me different how can i get money on to my account

Login to Me Too

Mayers
Contributor
Contributor

It's been a whole 24 hours for me now now and still can move money to my card. Called customer service and they told me to try later or even try Thursday. I really hope they have it back up today.

Login to Me Too

mikart
Contributor
Contributor

EDIT: 2 SERVERS WERE DOWN. The IT Department is currently changing them. It may take 24 hours. We should be back to normal by Wednesday, 10PM CT or Thursday morning...

As of Tuesday, 21st of April.

None of us were able to effectuate "Instant Paypal Transfer" from a PayPal account to a PayPal Prepaid Mastercard one. Balances in brackets are not showing up. When trying to do a transfer, we get redirected to the log-in page.

Called the customer service a couple of times, promising us it would be up and running for Wednesday, 22nd of April.

As of Wednesday, 22nd of April

11AM: Same issue. Called customer service which told us "it should be up and running in a couple of hours"

1PM: Same issue. Called customer service which told us "We received a statement from the IT department saying it's up and running by noon"    -  even though the call was made one hour later...

3PM: Same issue. Called customer service which told us "The IT is aware of this issue and is working on it"

5PM: Same issue. Called customer service, and asked for a supervisor. Unsusccessful. Call was ignored.

6PM: Same issue. Called customer service, and "We expect to have it running by the evening time"

I asked if their IT department was working overnight, and Anthony the customer rep said he was hoping so. (hum)

There are absolutely no accurate communnication between whoever is in charge of the IT department and the customer service. All they receive are statements and emails supposedly and just claiming that "They need 2 more hours to fix this issue"

Kindly enough, we reminded the customer rep that since Tuesday, 1PM we've been told everytime that "It should be up within two business hours"

Finally, the customer rep declared they were in an awkward position because they do not have any further info and are dealing with angry customers. In other words, the IT is doing "their best" to fix this ASAP.

Ahem...it's banking guys. 48 hours start to get long. And needless to say...but getting logged-out while stilll seeing one's balance and a "log out" button is proof of heavy sh*t going down. If they're not encountering cyber attaks for phishing on this, they're one lucky duck...and so are we.

With all this said, we will remain ignorant until this is fixed or unless it takes long enough for someone to go massively public about this.

I will post again once it seems resolved, and stable.

Login to Me Too

BBGG88
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for that update.... Really hope they are up tonight. I was contacting them via facebook and they are telling people the same song and dance.... You probably got more out of them than anyone lol
Login to Me Too

Mayers
Contributor
Contributor

It's back up now.

Login to Me Too

mikart
Contributor
Contributor

It seems back and running indeed, impressive. We can go back to our duties.

Customer Service took approximatly 22 business hours to deliver an accurate answer to their customers.

-  and claimed 2 servers were down.

If those 33 actual hours has ever jeopardized you, because it was outrageously long (and not always transparant) you may File A Complaint

Under this section below :

Problem with Service/ Merchandise When something you paid for:

• was not received,
  • or was defective, damaged, or not as described.

Please note that these types of issues are not considered Unauthorized Transactions or Errors.

I was suggested by a customer rep to file one...lol...since we care, I share.    🐵

Login to Me Too

Cardinalsno1
New Community Member
I CAN NOT use MY debit card from direct express I GOT from ss office my sa check is deposited on it EVERY month please please please please help help me losing my mind
Login to Me Too

LeeAT
New Community Member

You add to your bank account and withdraw to the card. It still says that it takes 3 to 7 business days for the funds to be available

Login to Me Too

nette2

Trying to trasfer money pay pal account to my prepaid pay pal carc. Try linking my bank error message comes up can't process at this time.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.