Prepaid Paypal Debit Mastercard, Transfer money from paypal to card????? Won't let me?

vbright2010
New Community Member

Hi, I went out and bought the prepaid paypal debit MasterCard today thinking I would be able to get home and activate it to transfer money from my paypal account to the card in real time like the site states. Also the back of the card package says "Transfer money from your Paypal account by visiting paypal.com/prepaid." I did that and the card is activated and the card is on my paypal account under credit cards. But when I go to transfer money only my bank account shows up not the card. Why can I not use it??  Also I can not be approved for the MasterCard paypal card, was denied by the way. That is why I am going with the prepaid debit paypal card. Also the card is confirmed under the my cards page.

Any help would be helpful. Also, I read somewhere about adding the Bancorp routing number and your account number to get direct deposit but when I try to find my account information on the page it does not show the area in gray with the acct number like the help page said. Do I have to do that to be able to transfer money from paypal to card?

Really confused. 

Thank you for taking the time to read this. 

Login to Me Too
148 REPLIES 148

JElise
Contributor
Contributor
Same here, won't let me add the account. And there's a tab at the top of the screen that says something about how u can now instantly transfer from pp account to your prepaid card without waiting the 2-4 days but the instructions still say it takes 2-4 days. Not that any of this matters anyway since u can't even link the prepaid card's "bank account" thanks to the super fun and ceaseless error message. Thanks a lot PayPal, I'm freakin stranded 500 miles from home thanks to this mistake & your incompetent CS employees who (3 different ones, mind u) all stated that I would be able to immediately transfer my pp funds to the temporary card, as soon as I bought it, didn't have to wait on the permanent one, website would walk me through it so easily, yadda yadda. So glad I listened; the Mosquitos are keeping me such great company & I wouldn't have wanted to miss out on that, right PayPal?? Suck a bag of di*ks
Login to Me Too

Veleka333
New Community Member
They charge u a fee 4.95 a month.. Which I was unaware of n so I wanted to cancel the card.. And I'm not entitled to a refund.... Wouldnt advise anyone to get a card... Headache
Login to Me Too

awildartist4u2c
New Community Member

having the almost same proble but the last week i have talked to at least 10 cust reps and 6 supervisors about transfer fund problem the first 3 supervisors were able to ask me sec questions after 2 hrs each time being conected from 1 dept to another were able to fix it for that day but each time  did not work later on ''tired of pulling theeth out of a mouth that shut it sucks

Login to Me Too

elizabeta
New Community Member

I would like to transfer money to my prepaid card>How do I Do That???

Login to Me Too

Celeste24
If you want to move money from your paypal account you have to use the paypal prepaid site. Sign in , click menu, click move money and then click paypal transfers.
Login to Me Too

johnny21cash
New Community Member

I recently made online purchase and went to pay via paypal. The only options I had were to use bank account or extras mastercard. There was no option for me to pay with my paypal business debit card. What's the reason for this?

Login to Me Too

Celeste24
Have you added the card manually? I don't think paypal does it automatically.
Login to Me Too

Celeste24
When you transfer money to your card from your paypal account (to your card), you have to do it through the paypal prepaid website. Login using you paypal account info to the paypal prepaid site or download the app. (Paypal Prepaid is the name of the app) Look in the menu for "move money" and click that. It should then say paypal transfers and reload locations. Click paypal transfers. And Voila! You will be able to load the card using your paypal account.
Login to Me Too

terrisampson
Contributor
Contributor

I have a Paypal Business Prepaid MC Debit card, I've never transferred money to it from Paypal, I only ensure it's set to American US Dollars, and then I just swipe it at any store or business I'm at that takes MasterCard. Also good to withdraw cash from ATMs so I am at a loss for that. 

Would someone be kind enough to let me know why it would be necessary to spend money on a Paypal prepaid card to transfer money to the debit MC? If I had cash I wouldn't put it on a debit card, and my bank debit MC card works anywhere that takes MC, online, or in person.

Genuinely interested, not trying to anger anyone already having a rough time.

Login to Me Too

thenatigirl3
Contributor
Contributor
We don't have the business PayPal debit card it's different , therefore we have to transfer money from PayPal to the PayPal prepaid card (different from your card) .. The two aren't directly linked in our case.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.