Prepaid Paypal Debit Mastercard, Transfer money from paypal to card????? Won't let me?

vbright2010
New Community Member

Hi, I went out and bought the prepaid paypal debit MasterCard today thinking I would be able to get home and activate it to transfer money from my paypal account to the card in real time like the site states. Also the back of the card package says "Transfer money from your Paypal account by visiting paypal.com/prepaid." I did that and the card is activated and the card is on my paypal account under credit cards. But when I go to transfer money only my bank account shows up not the card. Why can I not use it??  Also I can not be approved for the MasterCard paypal card, was denied by the way. That is why I am going with the prepaid debit paypal card. Also the card is confirmed under the my cards page.

Any help would be helpful. Also, I read somewhere about adding the Bancorp routing number and your account number to get direct deposit but when I try to find my account information on the page it does not show the area in gray with the acct number like the help page said. Do I have to do that to be able to transfer money from paypal to card?

Really confused. 

Thank you for taking the time to read this. 

Login to Me Too
148 REPLIES 148

RonGs
Contributor
Contributor

Celeste24
Are you trying to the transfer funds from the paypal site or the paypal prepaid site? You must do the transfer using the paypal prepaid site. Login using your paypal info then in the menu you'll see "move money". Click that and you'll see the transfer option.
Login to Me Too

Topcat15
New Community Member
I logged into PayPal prepaid, went to money transfer, enter amount, less than 300.00 I keep getting error-contact customer service. No less than 6 calls, still no help. They had me put amounts of 1.00-100.00 no go. Something is really fisheye here. If no resolve by tomorrow, I'm gonna request they mail me a check for my current balance, and trash the card
Login to Me Too

MissCocoNY
New Community Member
Any luck getting this fixed? I'm currently having the same issue and it's been 3 days and all PayPal can tell me is its a security issue flagging the transfer. This is the method I've used for the past 2 years with no issues. Now all of a sudden I can't get a PayPal transfer to go through to my prepaid MasterCard. They have had me change my password, email.l, delete history and cookies and try so many times. I'm just curious if this ever got fixed for you and you eventually we able to transfer the funds?
Login to Me Too

DanWheat
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there I am having a problem with paypal and prepaid paypal . I sell stuff on consignment and I tried pulling money from my account onto my card and they tell me I exceeded my $2000 a month transfer limitations . So I asked is there any way I can get my limits higher or even removed and all they do is give me the runaround saying all paypal prepaid users have the $2000 monthly limit . So what I need is advice on how to get my limitations removed or raised . I need to pay my customers but do they care no , because our money sits in their bank collecting interest . So if anyone gots any advice I sure would appreciate it . THANKS DAN 

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DanWheat wrote:

Hi there I am having a problem with paypal and prepaid paypal . I sell stuff on consignment and I tried pulling money from my account onto my card and they tell me I exceeded my $2000 a month transfer limitations . So I asked is there any way I can get my limits higher or even removed and all they do is give me the runaround saying all paypal prepaid users have the $2000 monthly limit . So what I need is advice on how to get my limitations removed or raised . I need to pay my customers but do they care no , because our money sits in their bank collecting interest . So if anyone gots any advice I sure would appreciate it . THANKS DAN 

@DanWheat

Not possible.  Read the fine print.

"Transfers from the PayPal Account to the PayPal Prepaid Card Account are limited to the amount of funds available in your PayPal Account and may not exceed $300 a day/$2,000 per rolling 30 days."

https://www.paypal-prepaid.com/

The prepaid card obviously is not built for volume or business use but appropriate for casual personal use.  You should get a proper bank account that comes with a debit/check card and link it to your PayPal account to withdrawl.  Or get the PayPal Business debit card.  PayPal business accounts are eligible, as well as personal accounts that have received at least $500 within the last 12 months.

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/debit-card

There are limits imposed on that too but they do increase on it's own if your account is in excellent standing and aged well.  "Standard daily limits do apply when using the PayPal Business Debit MasterCard: $3,000 USD for purchases and $400 USD for cash withdrawals."

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@DanWheat

Sharpie is right,if you are running a consignment business,you need to find a better way to pay your customers.

think tax reporting.

Login to Me Too

LadyJulia
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same problem and called the customer service number no less than 5 times and go no help.  I figured it out for myself.

You have to go to paypal.com/prepaid and REGISTER your card, this is different than activating. After you have registered your card, you are able to request a transfer from the prepaid site, it will then pop up a window where you log into your paypal account and approve the transfer. Your money will be sent in real time. However, I transferred $12.50, did not use the card again that night, went to use it the next day and only had $7.50. I have no idea where the rest of that money went and I'm **bleep** off about it.

Good luck

Login to Me Too

thenatigirl3
Contributor
Contributor
I'm glad you were able to get your money transferred ! Unfortunately back then it was a completely different issue .. The system was shut down, I had transferred money several times before and during that time it just wouldn't let me .. Card was registered and activated at the time .. As far as where the $5 went the only thing I can think is the card has a monthly surcharge of $4.95 that's probably what happened .. Good luck to ya !
Login to Me Too

RTruitt3
New Community Member
I have activated my prepaid debit card but have no idea how to transfer money from my paypal account to it. Please help.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.