Prepaid Paypal Debit Mastercard, Transfer money from paypal to card????? Won't let me?

vbright2010
New Community Member

Hi, I went out and bought the prepaid paypal debit MasterCard today thinking I would be able to get home and activate it to transfer money from my paypal account to the card in real time like the site states. Also the back of the card package says "Transfer money from your Paypal account by visiting paypal.com/prepaid." I did that and the card is activated and the card is on my paypal account under credit cards. But when I go to transfer money only my bank account shows up not the card. Why can I not use it??  Also I can not be approved for the MasterCard paypal card, was denied by the way. That is why I am going with the prepaid debit paypal card. Also the card is confirmed under the my cards page.

Any help would be helpful. Also, I read somewhere about adding the Bancorp routing number and your account number to get direct deposit but when I try to find my account information on the page it does not show the area in gray with the acct number like the help page said. Do I have to do that to be able to transfer money from paypal to card?

Really confused. 

Thank you for taking the time to read this. 

Login to Me Too
148 REPLIES 148

Shaderia
New Community Member
It at monthly fee they took of
Login to Me Too

II know they charge 4.95/mo, so that is probably where that money went!

Login to Me Too

stripsearch
Contributor
Contributor

from what i have read here not sure i will buy a pp debit mc. did i correctly understand that the card does not work untilregistering, activating  a week later you receive a card with your name on it that will work?

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@stripsearch wrote:

from what i have read here not sure i will buy a pp debit mc. did i correctly understand that the card does not work untilregistering, activating  a week later you receive a card with your name on it that will work?

yes,the card you bought is temporary,you need to register that card with name,addr,SS ,then they will send you a permanent card with your name on it,thats the card you link to your Paypal account.

Login to Me Too

jamil215

Any luck? I'm having the similar issue. Only that the transfer from my funds to Bankcorp was cancelled because of a technical issue. I need the money now!

Login to Me Too

Jado
New Community Member

Hello!

To be able to transfer money from your paypal to your paypal debit card, you won't do that in usual paypal account. The debit card must have a separate account, since it has similar but different functions from the normal paypal account. Log in using Your normal paypal login to this page, https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/paypal-prepaid-mastercard once there, see where there is '' Existing cardholders and Activate card'' options. Choose existing cardholders if you are sure your card is already active. selecting the option existing cardholder, you will be directed to a login page, login using your paypal credentials. Once in, you wil see that the card has its own account, not the account you use on Paypal. For example, there you won't see any other transactions you made with other payment methods such as paypal balance or bank account or any other debit/credit card. To add money to the card, click on HOME,  a new page will appear, click on LOAD, you will see a number of options to choose from. If you need to transfer from your paypal account( money must be in paypal balance, not on any other card or bank account), select Paypal Transfers, you will see an option with the balance in (..). In the box below that, add any money you wish( must be equal or less the amount yo have, and you are limited to $300 per day). Then follow the prompts until you see ''tranfer completed), on the top, check the card balance, you will see whatever money was there before plus the one you just added.

I hope this helps. 

Login to Me Too

iTomR
New Community Member

Good comprehensive instructions. Thanks.

When clicking on the link, you will be taken to a page that says, "Oops. That page doesn't exist." This occurs because a comma has been included at the end of the URL. Remove the comma and the link works.

Login to Me Too

aathieno

thank you  Jado 

Login to Me Too

RTruitt3
New Community Member
I didn't see an "existing cardholders" link anywhere.
Login to Me Too

awildartist4u2c
New Community Member

spent a total of 10 hrs this week with cut service  trying to transfer 40 bucs and just got the same old runaround **bleep** and red message saying call cust ser at 2211161 ''i know the num by heart that badd '''an i was nice i figure all burn the card and take a losss

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.