Paypal master debit EMV card

Trancie27
Contributor
Contributor

Will PayPal be issuing EMV cards to us? The deadline is fast approaching and i have not herd one way or another.

Login to Me Too
27 REPLIES 27

tkdmom
Contributor
Contributor

The biggest problem that I am running into is that merchants will not accept my PayPal Debit MasterCard as a credit card without the chip; they force me to run it as a debit card or their system will automatically decline. Of course, cashiers say "it is a problem with your bank". Not true...PayPal never receives/sees the transaction to accept or decline. After a talk with Kroger corporate headquarters, I find that their system will decline non-chipped debit cards if they are not used as a debit transaction with PIN (which I hate...and I don't get the rewards $$). Running into the problem at Kroger and McDonald's...so far.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

For Kroger,you can switch to a Kroger Visa card and earn points,$1 spent is 1 point,but if you buy Kroger products,you earn more points.

They sent you certifcates every quarter and you can either spend it in store or cash it .

Amazon recognise Paypal debit card as a debit card ,you can use it as a debit card,not credit card.  

Login to Me Too

KristineS
New Community Member

I'm a little concerned that Paypal has not responded to the orginal poster's question - When are we to see the debit Mastercard chip cards? I will be going to Ireland soon and Europe is all about the chip card, and I can't use my card there in many places without the chip.

Would someone from Paypal kindly respond? Thank you

Login to Me Too

bigguh

So, I see that this question was asked over two years ago.  I have had the debit MC for a while and enjoy the 1% cash back.  Now, when I log in, I see another card labled as EMV that has an activate option.  I'm assuming that means a card has been sent out for me to activate.  Has anyone else seen this or received their card?

Login to Me Too

MAGICCALDURON
New Community Member
I got my several weeks ago only problem I have is they don't have a routing number and account number for the card but I like it other than that
Login to Me Too

shuecrazy
Contributor
Contributor
Tried to use my chipped paypal card at Kroger as a credit and was unsuccessful. This has only happened at Kroger. Any work arounds?
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

may be Kroger wants you to use their VISA card

Login to Me Too

Buffy2
New Community Member
I applied for a paypal debit madter card a few weeks ago and it was suppose to have made to by the 13th of this month I haven't received it yet.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.