Paypal Working Capital --- Online Application Not Working

BBFYM
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone else having a problem with the Paypal Working Capital online application not working.  I have filled out the form completely only to click the "View my offer" button to be told that I need to fill out the form completely.  I am completely dumbfounded by this as I am an IT person by profession and Paypal won't return any of my requests for help with this issue.

Login to Me Too
238 REPLIES 238

mytake
Contributor
Contributor

got my rejection letter today.   said it was due to seasonal sales fluctuations.   Year to Year.  This is a flaw in the system as paypal here didnt really start till just last year.   I started using paypal here in febuary and let my traditional (NAB) provider go.   It will take a year to develope a record good enough for web bank.  YOU LOOSE PAYPAL for this oversite.

Login to Me Too

Cyber-dawg
Contributor
Contributor

I have not gotten a rejection letter yet but when through all of the error message issues and got locked out for trying different browsers after being instructed to by Paypal customer service. I waited 8 days to re-apply for  a really small loan and was declined. I have no chargebacks, disputes or other issues, and my sales have gone way up since the original loan. The original loan was actually paid off early. This has been a bizarre and disheartening experience. Apparently  there is no one to discuss this with or complain to either. I have noticed that payments take several day longer to post now as well. Paypal has created a lot of ill will with this program.

Login to Me Too

Leejay
Your right I payed my loan off early also and was denied 3 times! It's totally unfair for those that payed the loan back and that's in good faith with PayPal very disheartening😒
Login to Me Too

Cyber-dawg
Contributor
Contributor

Yes it is very surprising and disappointing. It seems to be very widespread. I have had a really bad experience that Paypal cannot seem to explain because they say it is decided by their computer and not a person. If that is the case and it is so widespread, I think the people at Paypal need to get someone else to work on their computer. Although I am not completely convinced that it is due to their software. Again, I have seen this with this same type of behavior with banks when the banks run out of money to lend and get over extended they always blame the declined application on the person that submitted it rather than their own incompetence.

Login to Me Too

JontaJohnson
Contributor
Contributor

guitaristmom
Contributor
Contributor

I agree.  I had two working capital loans and I paid them both back. In fact, on both I accelerated repayment. I showed my interest in being an excellent repayer. They declined me for the third working capital loan. It makes paypal look really bad when they have this service that only serves to punish those who repay working capital loans perfectly.    You should discontinue the working capital loans if you are going to do business this way, paypal!  Lillian...

Login to Me Too

Cyber-dawg
Contributor
Contributor

I wonder how many millions of dollars in interest Paypal has lost in the past month because of this glitch or lack of funding source or whatever their problem is. If this were my businesses and had a software problem like this for so long or a problem with the loan source, i would be looking to replace some employees or contractors. The larger these companies get, the less accountability their employees and contractors have, and the customers get poorer and poorer service. Amazon is even worse than paypal. Jess Besos is out launching rockets in Texas this week but their sellers cant even get in touch with anyone who is competent enough to help them with a problem. I think paypal is getting too big for its breeches.

Login to Me Too

Bobbuild
I was just denied recently and I paid a loan that they gave me without any problems. I have a very high-volume and outpacing last years year to date. Furthermore I have no chargebacks or complaints on my file and have been a PayPal member for two years now.makes me wonder what their criteria they are using to deny or approve their members is it worth reapplying like they're suggesting .kabage do you know about that? Thanks
Login to Me Too

Mrssassy84
Contributor
Contributor
I was actually just approved about 2 weeks ago for $14,000 which was a HUGE increase of what they gave me before. I was denied so many times. Wait for the letter that you receive in the mail. Mines said I had a hold. Apparently I keyed in a transaction over $1,000 which placed a hold on my account. I waited 30 days for it to be removed. Whatever the issue is wait at least 30 days and it will be removed. I actually waited 30 days and was denied and then tried again about 4 days later and they gave me $14,000 which was a MAJOR MAJOR blessing! Their system will deny you over petty things and I believe they are working on it.
Login to Me Too

scottsfarm
New Community Member

I hope that is the case with mine. I had taken a business loan to expand my business. I paid my loan off reallly fast and went to apply for another loan and was denied and I am puzzled to why, my sales keep increasing as I keep expanding. I did recently key in a transaction for a customer because my card reader was not working properly, so maybe for some crazy reason that is why, I'm not sure but I am really wanting to expand some more so keeping my fingers crossed.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.