Paypal Working Capital Identification Error

wolfeman
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

I have been trying to apply for a new working capital business loan ( my second loan) and I keep getting this really anoying error " Identification Error, We are sorry - We couldn't verify your information". 

I have spent the past 3 weeks on the phone with customer service, but it seems they have no real asnwers other than keep trying different addresses. I read on the forums that they use Google maps to check your information, is this true? 

I would apreciate if anyone could help me, since there isn't a whole lot about this subject in the forums. 

Thank you,

Login to Me Too
48 REPLIES 48

wolfeman
Contributor
Contributor

No help??? 

Login to Me Too

hydn
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue. This would make our 3rd loan. Did you ever find out what the issue was?

Login to Me Too

wolfeman
Contributor
Contributor
Hi. No and I have been stuck wtih this problem for 4 months now. Everytime I call them and tell them what it is going on with my application they don't seem to have an answer for me. They only say to keep trying! I'm so tired of having to do all this guessing work with my aplication when I know after a few times that I try the system would look me out for a week. The program is great when it works but it's ridiculous that nobody at Working Capital can help me further with my application, not even the managers that were supposed to call me and never did! I even called Webbank and they were useless! I FIND IT HARD TO BELIEVE THAT THIS WHOLE SYSTEM RUN ON SOFTWARE THAT LOCKS OUR INFORMATION FOREVER AND NOBODY, NOT EVEN THE PEOPLE BEHIND IT CAN READ OR OPEN IN REAL TIME! HOW COULD THIS BE? We have the right to know what kind of information they have from us! I don't understand why they can just tell me for example " Your address is different here" you know? I run two computer repair shops on Paypal Here and I also sell on Ebay and this people are not even considered enough to help me out with this problem! I would like to know if anybody at Paypal is willing to help us since their Working Capital system is clearly broken.
Login to Me Too

hydn
Contributor
Contributor

Still no luck on my end. Two loans paid back in under 6 months. No reason given for denial of 3rd.

Login to Me Too

SacHydro
Contributor
Contributor

Just curious if you figured it out? I am having the same issue! Thanks!!

Login to Me Too

ckpetrus
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem here. 3 loans applied and paid without a problem, and suddenly I am locked out of the system due to an "Identification Error." I had the same experience with customer service - couldn't tell me what was wrong and there was nothing they could do about it. Things I tried included removing the dash after the first two numbers of my Tax ID, and hanging "Parkway" in my address to "PKWY" which is how it is abbreviated in my PayPal account. No dice. Very frustrating.

Login to Me Too

ckpetrus
Contributor
Contributor

I am determined to figure this out. First, I was told I would be locked out of the system on my third attempt to send the application form. So I have been trying twice, then waiting 24 hours to try again. It's still giving me the identification error message but it has not locked me out. I noticed that I had two addresses listed in Paypal though I work out of my home. The difference was the spelling of Parkway vs. Pkwy in the addresses so I deleted the Pkwy address. Still did not work. I'll try again tomorrow in the event the change did not proprogate through their system. The error message reads,"Please be sure your business's Paypal account information is accurate and current" so I'm am hoping it's just a matter of matching Papal's internal data one-to-one and it's not some unknown outside problem.

Login to Me Too

hydn
Contributor
Contributor

My address is also Parkway. 😕 Strange.

Login to Me Too

ckpetrus
Contributor
Contributor

Okay, I matched the format of my phone number exactly (no parenthesis), I corrected the year in which my business had been established, removed the dash from my EIN, and even (on a long shot theory from the forums) made sure my business address and location were correct in Google Maps. After reading about the long histoy of this problem in the forums, I have concluded that the most likely reason for the "Identification Error" message is that PPWC is being dishonest in its explanation for the failure of the loan application process - rather than just saying we are not offering a loan to you at this point in time, they are claiming its some kind of glitch in the system. This is particularly frustrating as I took them at their word and bent over backwards trying to "correct" my business information, even so far as a trip to my local comptrollers office to make sure my corporate status was in order. I altered my franchise home office location and even matched up the designated agent name through the state comptroller, paying an expedite fee in the process. I had come to think of PPWC as a reliable souce of funding and was left high and dry after paying off my previous loan at the 25% re-payment level. Had I known this was a possibility, I would have paced the loan repayment out at a less aggressive level. Bottom line: If PPWC is denying my loan, they should say so - not waste my time by sending me down some rabbit hole when I could be exploring other funding options.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.