Paypal Working Capital Identification Error

wolfeman
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

I have been trying to apply for a new working capital business loan ( my second loan) and I keep getting this really anoying error " Identification Error, We are sorry - We couldn't verify your information". 

I have spent the past 3 weeks on the phone with customer service, but it seems they have no real asnwers other than keep trying different addresses. I read on the forums that they use Google maps to check your information, is this true? 

I would apreciate if anyone could help me, since there isn't a whole lot about this subject in the forums. 

Thank you,

Login to Me Too
48 REPLIES 48

bdk1969
Contributor
Contributor

I just called PayPal and spoke to a Working Capital representative who told me what many of you have said....that the 646 code means that there was an abnormality in my sales which could be a slow week or several days without sales that triggered the code. She said that it goes day by day and to keep trying as there is no limit to the number of times you can apply. 

hope this helps.

Login to Me Too

hydn
Contributor
Contributor

getting error 602. Anyone else?

Login to Me Too

3v
Contributor
Contributor

Yes today, 602 is industry not accepted. It was accepted thr last 6 times I had loans. Pretty sure that is just a lie, as selecting all the industries resulted in the same error code. Dont bother calling customer service as they are useless. Probably just slow sales, a credit balance, computer fart, etc. Just try again the next day. Or look for a more reliable service!!!!

Login to Me Too

CazP
Contributor
Contributor
Same problem, two loans both paid off no problem. keep getting error code 255 anyone know what it means?
Login to Me Too

jconline2017
New Community Member

I can tell you what I've just been told, after calling with the same complaint. I paid up nice and early to start the process again, only to be declined despite business being better and better. Paying early more than 40% can lead to you not being given another cash advance. You think it would be a good thing, and good for your account. Wrong. They want to see the money being paid off by sales naturally. It states you can settle ahead of sales "without penalty". Maybe they mean without an early repayment fee, but it sure sounds like anyone settling early to start again, especially if it's 40% or more paid, is definitely being penalised. I'm furious, after handing over £11,000 to settle early, thinking it was a good thing. I've demanded they either clear the way for a new advance or reverse my £11,000 payment. If I'd known it was going to go against me, I'd never have done it. The request for the payment reversal has been put in. I expect to hear back in 72 hours. If I don't get one or the other I'll leave Paypal altogether. Not impressed with this situation at all. 

Login to Me Too

Anyone know what error code is 703?
Login to Me Too

Anyone know error code 703
Login to Me Too

3v
Contributor
Contributor

Usuaully it tells you a brief explanation below the error code

Login to Me Too

So I just got off the phone with customer service. They lie when they say they go by what you make in sales and not by credit. They can say what they will, but when I am denied because there isn't enough history associated with my name and social security, they are checking credit, which I have none basically. So therefore I am denied to get the loan.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.