Paypal Working Capital Identification Error

wolfeman
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

I have been trying to apply for a new working capital business loan ( my second loan) and I keep getting this really anoying error " Identification Error, We are sorry - We couldn't verify your information". 

I have spent the past 3 weeks on the phone with customer service, but it seems they have no real asnwers other than keep trying different addresses. I read on the forums that they use Google maps to check your information, is this true? 

I would apreciate if anyone could help me, since there isn't a whole lot about this subject in the forums. 

Thank you,

Login to Me Too
48 REPLIES 48

tblproducts
Contributor
Contributor

I applied for my fourth loan. The application info is exactly the same as my prior loans, yet although not DENIED, I get the message " We couldn't verify your information".

So I call PPWC, thinking maybe they have changed the algorithm loans. The rep looked it over and could not understand the reason for this, but wait a few days and try again. If it doesn't work, call back and she will get an anylist to check it.

I did, same thing occurs.

I call, same rep says she will send it to analist and call within 24 hours.

48+ hours later I get a voicemail stating that they can't verify the business information, but  don't know why.......So keep trying periodically!! What a way to run a business!

My business name is the same, the addresss, SSN, business year, title, etc is exactly the same....

Very frustrating!

So far, I've attempted 11 times......

Login to Me Too

SacHydro
Contributor
Contributor

Did you ever get it to work?

Thanks

Login to Me Too

SacHydro
Contributor
Contributor

Having the exact same problem, Checked everything!

Did you or anyone else have any luck figuring out why?

Has anyone actually talked with an analyst?

Thanks for your help???

Login to Me Too

hydn
Contributor
Contributor
Yes we got it to work. Paid off a PayPal Credit balance not just the 6 month credits but the entire balance. Once PayPal credit balance was $0 it worked the very same day. I don't know if this was a coincidence but I tried WC many many many many times which failed without clear reason and then after clearing the PayPal credit balance which was a few hundred bux then the working capital worked. Hope this is helpful to the community.
Login to Me Too

SacHydro
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the reply..

It sounds like you are referring to 6 months same as cash or PP credit card. I don't have either. So no negative balances either. 

Anyone else find a possible solution??

Thanks!!

Login to Me Too

tblproducts
Contributor
Contributor

I tried again recently- still a no-go.

Oh well. Who knows why. I'll just save up to buy inventory like I've always done.

Login to Me Too

Myrifonta
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same issue. Paid off both my loans early but just got denied. I am trying to find their email and contact them because this is not right. I am in a bind now. I have read somewhere that I could contact them and try to reverse the payment I've made to at least be able to pay my bills. Is there a way to contact them with by email?

Login to Me Too

SacHydro
Contributor
Contributor
Some people crack me up. The whole thing with the loan is that's exactly what it is a loan. Everybody thinks that PayPal put you in a bind because they did not approve you yet they're not obligated to give you another loan. I too am having the same problem I still have an identification error, I just gave up trying and I'm going to get an SBA loan. It's not fair to say they put you in a bind you put yourself in a bind because you expect them to give you a loan before you been authorized for it. Don't get me wrong I feel for you and completely understand your situation I too in my mind expected them to go through and just authorize it, but that didn't happen. I guess it wouldn't be such a bad deal if they declined the loan, the problem is they can't verify my information that they were able to verify during the first loan. Trust me I get it! But remember you are ultimately responsible for you and not fair to say it's their fault or they put you in a bind because they did not give you a loan. Good luck to you. One thing I did find during my application process was I had an auto fill program on my computer that was changing the birthdate in the application based on whatever address I tried because other people use my computer, and the auto fill program. All I can say is read every single line make sure every single line is filled out correctly but I have since done that and I still can't get verified so who knows !
Login to Me Too

RIMSALES

YOU ARE WORTHLESS../...   WHY ARE YOU RAMBLING..... ENTER IN ALL THE FIELDS... YOU MORON ....

YOU DONT GET THE PROCESS OF GETTING 4 LOANS....

AND ITS DENIED FOR 2 WEEKS THEN THEY GIVE YOU 20000.00 OVER NOTHING AND YOU PAY OFF 3500.00 LUMP SUM AT THE END TO REBORROW AND THEY GIVE YOU 4500.00 HOW STUPID OF A LENDER THEY ARE... THEY GET THEIR FEES BUT OFFER NOTHING FOR SUPPORT.  YOU ARE A RAMBLING BAFFOON

.... IF YOU GET 4 LOANS AND ITS BE DENIED 25 TIMES THROUGHOUT THE PROCESS SOMETHING  ISNT RIGHT

Login to Me Too

Enricoludo
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem, trying to apply for my second loan and being denied, shows error code 645!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.