Paypal Credit run credit checks on Invoices?

scfall
New Community Member

Situation at hand is thus:

- I recieved a Paypal Invoice for a physical item I preordered - a figurine. This invoice was expected, but it was not expected at this point in time, and I'm a little short on actual cash to pay the Invoice right now.

- I decided that, since I did have a credit score increase recently, I would try to check with PayPal Credit and see if I would be approved to pay for this purchase. I already have an existing PayPal Credit account and balance at this time, but do not have enough credit to pay for the purchase otherwise; I'm primarily doing this to check if I can increase that balance before I decide whether or not to use it, because I can't actually check whether or not I'd be allowed to increase my balance otherwise.

- I press Pay in the expectation that PayPal would try to check whether or not I would be approved for an account balance increase. Instead, it simply says that the Invoice has gone through. 

- I do recieve an email saying "Important Information about your PayPal Credit purchase" as if I were approved. However, nowhere can I find any explicit indication that yes, this purchase was legitimately approved, unlike some previous attempts to increase the credit line (when I had a lower score). I don't want to suddenly find out that oops, this wasn't approved at all and that my bank account suffers for it.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

The best place to check is your PayPal Credit account for the transaction.

I believe it would also show on your PayPal transaction list, so you could get details there.

Was the PayPal Credit option presented when you were ready to make the payment?

PayPal Credit will automatically increase your credit line if you qualify, but being tight on credit would seem to me to be a negative.  If you credit score is over 800, then there should be a problem.

I'm not sure of the reponse if you are or are not approved for an increase.  If your increase is declined you should get an emmail. What were the contents of your e-mail.

Even if not approved for a promotional rate, it could go through as a standard purchase meaning full payment in 30 days or pay interested.

You need to check all your accounts for details.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.