PayPal Here Questions and Troubleshooting

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone!

While the general release of this product has not yet begun, this thread is here for questions about the product. If you're in the initial limited release and have experience with the card reader, please feel free to ask or answer questions in this thread. If you have questions about how PayPal Here works, please feel free to post them here too.

Before asking a question, please take a look at the PayPal Here FAQ, and read through the previous questions in the thread. Your answer may already be available! 🙂

Feedback posts should be made in the Feedback about PayPal Here thread in the Your Voice forum. If your post was moved from this thread, please look for it there. Thank you! 🙂

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
635 REPLIES 635

breezotoo
Contributor
Contributor

Greetings

I have downloaded the app onto my iPhone, to apply for PayPal Here - to login it asks for my Security Key after my password

Where do I get that or find that?

Thanks 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Welcome breezotoo, jactyler and SAOnline! 🙂

@breezotoo wrote:

Greetings

I have downloaded the app onto my iPhone, to apply for PayPal Here - to login it asks for my Security Key after my password

Where do I get that or find that?

Thanks 

Hi breezotoo,

The Security Key is an extra layer of security that would have been active on your PayPal account already.  You can learn more about it here:

PayPal Security Key

If you don't have a security key, I recommend just trying to login with your password.  If you still get the error, try logging into the PayPal website using a browser and see if it asks for the security key.

@jactyler wrote:

I am new to this community. I was wondering why PP made it so hard for us to download the ap for our phones.

I have wasted my entire day on this. 

To say that I am frustrated is an understatement.

I'm sorry to hear about the issue. 😞 Can you provide more information about what's happening?  You should be able to easily download the app from the Apple App Store or Google Play store.

@SAOnline wrote:

Hey guys,

I got an email saying that I was invited to Paypal here and when I went to sign in using the email they gave me on my iphone, It kept saying almost here! My email is, well I wont make that public 😛

I dont know what to do. 

This usually happens if the invite is associated with another PayPal account or with an email address or phone that is not linked with the PayPal account you're logging into with the app.  I recommend logging into PayPal on the website and making sure that the correct email address is on file and your mobile phone is linked with PayPal.

I hope this helps! 🙂

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

breezotoo
Contributor
Contributor

Frank

I have the SMS Security Key added and I have tried t have that send me a code and adding that to my sign up on my iPhone - it doesnt work either. I tried that but thought it was too complex to be a plan! 

Now I have a 21 digit randomized number as a password - typing that in on the iPhone is a mission enough then trying toget the security key added to my password is a challenge, one I still haven't figured out .

I guess this just wont be a working solution for me?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi breezotoo,

Thank you for explaining.  The SMS security key is limited in that it only works in browser and not on the apps. 😞  The good news is that there is a security key app you can use instead of the SMS version.  That way you just open the security key app, get the code, then add it to your password.  Instructions for using this app can be found here:

PayPal Security Key

(scroll down to the section titled "Using the VIP Access mobile application")

Another option is to log into the app using your mobile phone number and PIN.  That option does not require the security key code and the mobile PIN is much easier to enter.  To add security with this option, if a mobile PIN is entered incorrectly 6 times, logins through the app are temporarily blocked.  You can setup a mobile PIN on the PayPal website or by logging into the PayPal app and tapping the profile picture.  There will be an option to add/edit mobile numbers and PINs.

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

SAOnline
Contributor
Contributor

Hey Frank!

I checked and made sure the email sent was the primary email on the account, and It was. I am completly lost at this point. I dont know if the problem is with my iphone 4s? Thanks!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

@SAOnline wrote:

Hey Frank!

I checked and made sure the email sent was the primary email on the account, and It was. I am completly lost at this point. I dont know if the problem is with my iphone 4s? Thanks!

Thanks for checking that. 🙂 The iphone 4s is definitely compatible so it should be working.  Please also check that your mobile number is also added and confirmed to PayPal.  I've pasted instructions for that process below:

Here's how to add your mobile phone number:

Click "Profile" near the top of the page. 
Click "Update" beside Phone. 
Click "Add." 
Enter the phone number and select "Mobile" as the phone type. 
Check the box to confirm you own the phone account or have permission from the owner to use the number. 
Click "Add." 
After you add your mobile number to your PayPal account, you can confirm it if you'd like. With a confirmed mobile number, you can:

Automatically get money into your PayPal account when it's sent to your mobile number. 
Log in faster with your PIN instead of having to type your password on your mobile phone. 
Here's how to confirm your mobile phone number after you've added it to your PayPal account:

We'll send you a text message with a confirmation code. Enter the code. 
Click "Confirm phone." 
If you are confirming your mobile number at a later time after adding it, just log into your PayPal account, click "Profile" near the top of the page, and then click "Update" beside Phone. Click "Confirm" near the number you want to confirm and then follow the above instructions to complete the process.

If that's still not working, try signing up on the wait list again at https://www.paypal.com/here .  You shouldn't have to wait long as we've almost cleared through the wait list for existing PayPal account holders.

- Frank

Login to Me Too

breezotoo
Contributor
Contributor

Frank

Thanks for great advice and the multi options - I eventually had to go with the PIN and sign up with that.

I also added hte VIP Access - that is very cool and faster than waiting for SMS messages to come through.

All sorted out and my reader is enroute

Regards

Graeme 

Login to Me Too

GeekonaScooter
New Community Member

September 4th, 2012 last time we were able to run a successful transaction.  After entering item or dollar amount various ways with wifi or 4g data, gps on, volume all the way up with or without 2 card readers on s htc my touch 4g slides...  We get an error when we push the charge button.  It says "loading" then stops.  Sorry we can not currently process this transaction please try agian later.  I am very frustrated since I do not go crazy with downloading mysterious who knows who created them apps.  And there is know way both my card readers magically died on the same day...

WTF.

Login to Me Too

AllenAllen
New Community Member

Currently, PayPal Here is incompatable with having PayPal (website) set to ask for your security key (sent as text to your phone for security) I just called them.  I turned off that security on the web site and TA DA! I can sign on to PayPal Here.

It's an oversight and I understand that they are working on correcting it. At this time there is no way to get it to send a matching security key to use unless you happen to have one of their security key cards (which I don't have.)

Login to Me Too

jactyler
Contributor
Contributor

I am new to this community. I was wondering why PP made it so hard for us to download the ap for our phones.

I have wasted my entire day on this. 

To say that I am frustrated is an understatement.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.