PayPal Here Questions and Troubleshooting

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone!

While the general release of this product has not yet begun, this thread is here for questions about the product. If you're in the initial limited release and have experience with the card reader, please feel free to ask or answer questions in this thread. If you have questions about how PayPal Here works, please feel free to post them here too.

Before asking a question, please take a look at the PayPal Here FAQ, and read through the previous questions in the thread. Your answer may already be available! 🙂

Feedback posts should be made in the Feedback about PayPal Here thread in the Your Voice forum. If your post was moved from this thread, please look for it there. Thank you! 🙂

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
635 REPLIES 635

kembond
Contributor
Contributor

When I attempt to login within the app it "verifies credentials", "synchonizes preferences" and then that's it. I'm still at the login screen. Any help would be appreciated.

I've rebooted.

I've re-installed.

I've tried phone# with pin.

iPhone 4S

iOS 5.1.1

Login to Me Too

Deezwho
Contributor
Contributor
First of all I was on the wait list and never got an email. Brilliant Now when I downloaded the app I try to login and get "synchronizing preference" and then it just sits there. What a pos. Does this thIs thing actually work? I give you guys 24 hours then taking my business elsewhere and closing my PayPal acct.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

@kembond wrote:

When I attempt to login within the app it "verifies credentials", "synchonizes preferences" and then that's it. I'm still at the login screen. Any help would be appreciated.

I've rebooted.

I've re-installed.

I've tried phone# with pin.

iPhone 4S

iOS 5.1.1

kembond and Deezwho,

Thanks for letting us know about this. I've escalated this to the PayPal Here team. Sounds like a technical issue. I'll post back here when I know more.

@5Rya wrote:

how long does it take to get approved for paypal here after u installed the app and enter all the info.

Hi 5Rya,

Welcome! 🙂

If the approval happens automatically, you should know right away but it can take up to 48 hours in some cases.  If any documents are needed, typically we would see the review completed within 48 hours after the documents had been provided to PayPal.

@five50style wrote:

Is it possible to request for one additional card reader?

Thanks in advance.

Hi five50style,

Great question! 😄

Once you have received the first card reader and you have multi-user access setup on your PayPal Business account, additional card readers may be requested by contacting PayPal Here support (shake the phone while in the PayPal Here app for the phone number).

Instructions for setting up multi-user access:

How do I add users to my PayPal account?

The additional users will need to have the "Request Money and Manage Invoices" permission enabled to use PayPal Here.

I hope this helps! 🙂

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

dq
Contributor
Contributor

I can't get my reader to work either. I received my card reader today. My phone is an HTC Incredible, which is on the list of compatible devices. It's running Android 2.3.7, has the headphone jack working, has location services turned on, is connected to the internet, and has external SD storage.

I can log into the app, enter an amount, and get to the payment screen. My phone seemingly recognizes the card reader, a green bar at the top says it is ready and to swipe the card now. I can swipe any direction and any speed and nothing ever happens. What can I do to get this to work? Never had any sort of problems with another company in this field with a similar device.

Login to Me Too

LenFlorida
New Community Member

I had the same problem. The reader seemed plugged in but was hitting the plastic of my case and it was not all the way in although it looked like it was. I had to trim off a little of the plastic to allow the reader plug to completely seat in the phone.

This solved the problem. The reader must be all the way seated, just a fraction of an inch will prevent it from reading the card.

ALSO... I've noticed that sometimes dust gets into the earpiece hole and causes the reader to not make all the necessary contacts. Solved that by just rotating or twisting the reader a little to insure good contact. This reader is very sensitive and you may have to clean off the magnetic strip before sliding the card.

Other than those little things, the system is fantastic... Works very well. I no longer have any problems.

Login to Me Too

secziilady
Contributor
Contributor

Hello!! 🙂

Can a premier paypal account okay with the PayPal Here device?

Let me know asap! Thanks much guys!

Login to Me Too

5Rya
New Community Member

how long does it take to get approved for paypal here after u installed the app and enter all the info.

Login to Me Too

five50style
New Community Member

Is it possible to request for one additional card reader?

Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too

Deezwho
Contributor
Contributor
JUst downloaded PayPal here app and when I try to log in either using email or cell phone number the login gets to "synchronizing preferences" then nothing further happens and the log in screen stays loaded never progressing to the actual app. I can log in to PayPal website with my info so the username and password are correct. There is in fact no error message. Anyone else have this problem. Any solutions?
Login to Me Too

QjQLQQK
Contributor
Contributor

I received my paypal here reader today. Plugged it in to my Sprint Galaxy Nexus it recognizes the reader but when I swipe a card it doesn't do anything.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.