PP Won't Link Mastercard?

scnrfrq
Contributor
Contributor

My PP Mastercard was compromised and they sent me a new card almost 2 weeks ago. I activated it and it has never shown up on my PP Account page. I've called about 5 times, and finally talked to a supervisor at Synchrony Bank. They've given me three different days that it "would" show up by. Still nothing. Can't access my list of charges or pay my bill (which is due). In the past the new card would show up in about 3 days with no hassle. This is terrible customer service, and the people you have to talk to don't have a clue what you're telling them. I don't know what to do next...... 

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

which PP master card?

Login to Me Too

scnrfrq
Contributor
Contributor

PP Extras from Synchrony Bank. It's still not up on my page today. Time to talk to another supervisor.....

Login to Me Too

merelyk
Contributor
Contributor

i'm with you.  i just want to "verify" my paypal acct and address so i can better sell on Swappa.  this is the worst system i've ever dealt with - and i work in healthcare!  instructions invariably are inaccurate or point to non-existant links.

then i find this in the footnote small print on the actual letter to which my new card was adhered when it arrived:

"If the Authorized User has a PayPal account, the Authorized User will not be able to add the card to their PayPal account"

W T F ?!?! 

i'm not kidding - i read it 10 times to make sure i wasn't reading it wrong.

does anyone know what it means?

Login to Me Too

scnrfrq
Contributor
Contributor

After 2 more calls to "support", my new card was FINALLY added to my account page. Took almost 3 weeks. And you're right, you can't add your own PP card to your account, only cards from other banks!

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@merelyk wrote:

i'm with you.  i just want to "verify" my paypal acct and address so i can better sell on Swappa.  this is the worst system i've ever dealt with - and i work in healthcare!  instructions invariably are inaccurate or point to non-existant links.

then i find this in the footnote small print on the actual letter to which my new card was adhered when it arrived:

"If the Authorized User has a PayPal account, the Authorized User will not be able to add the card to their PayPal account"

W T F ?!?! 

i'm not kidding - i read it 10 times to make sure i wasn't reading it wrong.

does anyone know what it means?

I think Paypal means you cant link this card like you link the other cards,it wants to diversify its risk,if you default ,it can go after your 'OTHER' source of credit.

Login to Me Too

merelyk
Contributor
Contributor

sumiko, i think we're onto it now.  according to my latest phone call earlier today - i was told that the PPextras-MC would be automatically linked to my PP account "usually within 4 (calendar) days".  i did find the statement "After activation, your new card will automatically be linked to your PayPal account" on the front of the original card mailer, directly contradiciting one of the possible interpretations of the inelegant statement in the footnotes, although no time frame is given.   i'm 9 days into the "Get Verified - it's Easy" process.  maybe it IS easy, but intuitive or self-explanatory it ain't.  i'll update if/when auto-link occurs.

at least the time at my desk has been productive - i've swapped out a HDD for  a SSD and performed a clean install of W8.1 on a small laptop that serves as an experimental learning machine for me.  Windows Update still is broken, but i've learned to use WSUS Offline proficiently.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.