Cant use paypal credit to pay for newegg?

crayonpentagram
New Community Member

Just got approved for paypal credit and would like to make a purchase on Newegg. When I go to checkout and hit paypal, it wants me to use my debit card. There is no option for using paypal credit. Can someone help me?

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Paypal credit is not for every ocasion,every product 

Login to Me Too

crayonpentagram
New Community Member

Good to know

Login to Me Too

crayonpentagram
New Community Member

Is there a way to tell what products?

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Yes, there is a good way.

Look at the options when you are ready to pay; it will be clearly displayed when available.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@crayonpentagram wrote:

Is there a way to tell what products?

sometimes,it is not the product or the merchant,it is you and your recent buying activities,your payment history and your credit rating/

Login to Me Too

emanicus
New Community Member

This problem still exists and it is Newegg wanted to avoid the transacion fees with Paypall... Call both (Paypall and Newegg) and definitely not a paypall issue. Newegg when pressed to explain why the paypall credit shows but comes back with an error when used they provide all sorts of non-sense answers. District attorney should investigate into it as this creates an issue to the buyer that see the option available but can't use it. 

Login to Me Too

nad7877
New Community Member

I'm having the same issue right now.  I'm getting into a support chat with NewEgg to figure out why it's happening.  I'll see what they have to say...

Login to Me Too

timkatje
New Community Member

And their response was...?

wrote:

I'm having the same issue right now.  I'm getting into a support chat with NewEgg to figure out why it's happening.  I'll see what they have to say...

In my case, chat support was pretty much worthless.  Their best solution was, just use a different payment method.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.