Cannot activate my new PayPal Business Debit Card

wubayou
Contributor
Contributor

I have the card.  It says to go to paypal.com/activatecard.  When I do, I get taken to my account summary.  Then there's no way to find how to activate it within my account.

Am I missing something here?  How do I activate it?  I've been with PayPal over 10 years and this is the first time I've had this issue.

Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17

Spacemanjupiter
Contributor
Contributor

I have the exact same problem. I still have an old card that says it doesn't expired til 2019. I received a new one in the mail with a chip on it that is requesting me to activate it but paypal.com/activatecard doesn't go anywhere for activation.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

This is so typical of Paypal.

Login to Me Too

Puckfan1
Contributor
Contributor

It's even worse if you try to use the phone number for customer service.
Completely useless.

Login to Me Too

onegemini
Contributor
Contributor

Same. It just goes in an endless circle. I even recieved an automated email telling me  to activate the card and "use this link to activate" - except the link isn't - it's just a button. A jpeg. It has no URL attached. And it's not an adblock software, or any other filter blocking the URL. It's like they just forgot to put it in the email.

Login to Me Too

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

Log into paypal.com/activatecard, on the left click manage my card. It will bring up your current card and your new card and you can then click on your new card to activate it. 

When I first logged into this page the option to activate the new card wasn't there but after about 20 minutes it showed up for me.

Hope this helps.

Login to Me Too

onegemini
Contributor
Contributor

Nope. All I get on the left side of the page (what comes up is just a summary of recent transactions) is the current balance, Add Money, Edit Address, FAQ, and Help and Contact. Looking through manually, I don't even have a drop down that says "manage my card." Closest I have is "Update Card." Clicking on that asks for info for LINKING a card (which isn't the same). And sometimes (same button) it takes me to my OLD card and says "you cannot update this card." with no editing fields.

And it's been more than 20 minutes for me. It's been 2 weeks.

Login to Me Too

onegemini
Contributor
Contributor

Correction - found the manage my cards link - except it doesn't do anything when clicked on. Looking at the URL, it just reloads the page I'm already on. I turned off all pop-up blockers, etc. Nothing. Goes nowhere.

Login to Me Too

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

When I went to paypal.com/activatecard it forwarded me to https://www.paypal.com/myaccount/debit-card/summary and the manage my card option on the left was shown.

Login to Me Too

onegemini
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I found that, but the link doesn't do anything. Even opening it in another tab just opens another copy of the same page you landed on. I've tried 3 different browsers on desktop and two browsers on mobile. It's a dead link for me.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.