Can't use PayPal Credit on eBay.

Gurren
Contributor
Contributor

I noticed that I have $506 in PayPal Credit in my account. I tried to buy something on eBay and it said that it couldn't authorize my payment. I also tried to buy something on a different site and got rejected. Why is it showing $506 on the main page in  PayPal when I can't even use any of it?

Login to Me Too
47 REPLIES 47

MissMichal
New Community Member
This actually worked perfect for me! Thank you!
Login to Me Too

Darkfire102

I hate to bump this issue but I'm currently having problems with Ebay and PayPal.

Trying to purchase a new laptop

1.) I have enough $

2.) Address is verified on both ends to be the same

3.) I tried both PayPal Credit and regular Paypal logging in logging out with all these tricks

4.) I have two accounts my main which is for PayPal Smart Connect and this one in which I received recently a credit limit for PayPal Credit..

5.) I have made two other purchases on other websites totalling $26 (I've just recently received my credit line)

6.) I noticed a $6 dollar HDMI cord smaller purchase had no problem on Ebay using my PayPal Credit.

So let's add the dots.

I think PayPal is concerned of their credit being spent and they won't allow but a certain threshold of a purchase. That's just my guess though... If anyone else comes up with solutions I'd like to hear them because I've tried everything. I'm going to give PayPal a call tomorrow.

So far I've been researching and looking to see if I could get a purchase to let me use PayPal credit. I'd like to add that my initial credit limit is $950. I also had to create a new paypal account to be able to link my account since my main account had Smart Connect on it. So I'm doing some research in hopes that some of us have the same variables and will be able to see a trend to find this issue.

**Edits/Research Payments**

1.) $6 purchase works just fine.

2.) $110 purchase works just fine.

3.) $199 purchase works fust fine

4.) $289 purchase works just fine

5.) $299 purchase works just fine

6.) $305 purchase will NOT work.

7.) $309 purchase will NOT work.

8.) $325 purchase will NOT work.

9.) $397 purchase will NOT work.

10.) $704 purchase will NOT work.

All these were BuyOut type purchases from different sellers.

So I decided to do some more research and find a seller who had a variety of items at different prices and ones that would let me use PayPal Credit on a smaller purchase.

1.) First seller I tried where Paypal Credit did not work still does not work with amounts of $106, $79, and $54. Funny thing is.. I even tried even smaller at $2.01  from the same seller and PayPal credit became available.

(Once again, I've only used $26 of my credit line so far, I HAVE MONEY on my account)

So it comes down to, I have no idea what the problem is if anyone else could help research that'd be awesome.

Could it be seller related?

Price of Purchase?

Some bug that just doesnt randomly work on sellers accounts?

Some further research would be needed to figure out this issue.

We could get down even further by analyzing each sellers amount of feedback and such but at this point in time I cannot do so.

Login to Me Too

Badtag1
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing, one purchase went thru after a little time, but the othert two purcahse will not go thru, keeps saying, chose another form of payment, i to have a line of credit of 500.00 and with one purhcase from EBAY as the other two i am trying to get to go thru, I now have a credit remaining of 458. and change.

@Darkfire102 wrote:

Could it be seller related?

Price of Purchase?

Some bug that just doesnt randomly work on sellers accounts?

Login to Me Too

msp1518
Contributor
Contributor

I am in the same boat and yes, anything above a certain price point is the issue. Below $200 I can use Smart Connect. Above? Nope! It does not work. Called both eBay and Pay-Pal and each blames the other. This is insanely frustrating.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@Darkfire102

1.) $6 purchase works just fine.

2.) $110 purchase works just fine.

3.) $199 purchase works fust fine

4.) $289 purchase works just fine

5.) $299 purchase works just fine

6.) $305 purchase will NOT work.

7.) $309 purchase will NOT work.

8.) $325 purchase will NOT work.

9.) $397 purchase will NOT work.

10.) $704 purchase will NOT work.

--------------------

as you can see from what you posted above,it seems anything over $300 would not go,so it is your limit,not seller. 

you have been buying too much too fast,slow down ,thats the Paypal message to you

Login to Me Too

Massimomax5150
New Community Member
It because paypal sucks donkey balls!! The same thing with me , I got 2,500 credit available on my LINKED ACCOUNT with it as my primary choice of payment and haven't been able to use one **bleep** penny of it!!!! I've tried like ten stores. This paypal **bleep** is bogus .
Login to Me Too

BryanML62
New Community Member

I have the same problem, called and got a non English speaker who I explained the problem, and he placed me on hold and the next thing I know I'm being transferred to another rep, and he simply said it's me, NOT PP Credit...I hung up...

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

PAYPAL credit is not like your traditional bank or credit card line of credit,dont count on it too much.

if it is available ,it will show up when you are ready to pay.

Login to Me Too

melcater
Contributor
Contributor

The biggest problem with Paypal credit on ebay is that you find out too late whether you can use it or not.

I would hate to commit to buying an item for any amount to find out at check out that I didnt have the means to pay.

It seems the only safe way to bid/buy on ebay using the pp credit is when you actually dont need the credit.

Which defeats the object of having the line of credit.

Login to Me Too

gingflynn

I have had the same problem with trying to use PayPal on eBay.  My most recent experience with this was when trying to purchase an external ssd for my mac.  It does seem that the problem happens with more expensive electronics items.

I tried all of the work-arounds suggested by others, including logging into PayPal separately and still didn't have the option to use PayPal credit for this purchase.  After two days of frustration, I decided to remove my bank account as a payment source, leaving only PayPal credit for payment et, voila!  My purchase went through lickety split on credit.

I think it is ridiculous that this problem has been brought up several times over the past few years and there is no help from eBay or PayPal with this.  Anyway, I hope someone else who has been totally frustrated my be helped by my work-around.  Excuse me now while I go back into my PayPal account to re-enter my bank information for future use.  Ugh!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.