Broken glass

saintsand
Contributor
Contributor
I bought a watch from an ebay vendor and i liked it so i bought a second. The 2nd arrived with a broken glass on top. The seller (from China) does NOT respond to my emails. What do i do next?
Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@saintsand

File a dispute for item received but not as described BUT to get a refund you may have to return the item trackable back to the seller first.

If you used a credit card to fund your paypal payment then you could do a chargeback.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

saintsand
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you. I like the watch and the seller. Hopefully he'll send another one.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

open the case on Ebay.

Unfortunately Ebay canot send you a return shippinglabel since he is in China,may be you can ask him to send a replacement free or else you would neg him.

is it expensive/

Login to Me Too

xReBiIIx
Contributor
Contributor
Hey, don't let anyone tell you it's your responsibility to pay to return it. It is the seller's responsibility since it was damaged in transit. I'd open an eBay case and let them know you're not paying to return it as it wasn't your fault. If that eBay case doesn't work out, open a Paypal case.
Login to Me Too

saintsand
Contributor
Contributor
Returning a broken $5 item to CHINA? Not really an option.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@xReBiIIx

Paypal requires a buyer to return the item at their own expense on most occasions.

So its not a case of telling someone to return it at their expense, its a paypal requirement that no one can do anything about.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

saintsand
Contributor
Contributor
The broken watch arrived broken because of its flimsy packaging. The seller says they are very careful when they package...the return is too expensive: I guess I lose.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@saintsand

As i said if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they can chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.