Adding items to inventory- paypal here

Orderbarefoot
Contributor
Contributor
Is there a way to bulk upload many items into my inventory at once rather than manually entering each item? I know you can do this with Square by creating a spreadsheet.
Login to Me Too
28 REPLIES 28

Tps777
Contributor
Contributor
@DPCreations - to the posting immediately above, a 3rd party solution. Was a reply to post, not to full thread.
Login to Me Too

bud1770
Contributor
Contributor

Usng the computer is a lot faster than using the app to upload all products or inventory, login to PayPal using the website and going to the tools area and you'll see PayPal Here tap it and you have access to your whole business.

Login to Me Too

Meloyelo51
Contributor
Contributor

@bencag wrote:

This is extremely frustrating trying to add items into the paypal here app.  I noticed that the items I have added are saved somewhere on a server because if I log into another device my items show up there.  Is there a way to add items using my laptop somewhere on the paypal site?  Or is it possible to do this with an API?

I still dont see an official way to do it via the site.  However I did find you can download the PayPal here app on your PC via the windows store on windows 8 & 10.  Its not bulk uploading, but its a little easier with a big screen and keyboard.  Touchscreen laptop works pretty good as a POS.

Login to Me Too

Designwerks
Contributor
Contributor

Not having a solution to enter hundreds of inventory items other than the Mobile App or some 3rd party solution is not an option. Your competitors have this solution implemented...until this is a feature of Paypal there is no reason to switch.

Login to Me Too

kwfong
New Community Member

**BUMP**  Are there any solutions for this yet?

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Inventory items can easily be added through the PayPal Here web site.  Just select fom the Tools menu.

Login to Me Too

Orderbarefoot
Contributor
Contributor

For bulk upload? I have hundreds of items.

Login to Me Too

TheEngineerGuy
New Community Member

Thanks to the post author who found a workaround. 

Paypal, please don't assume that your customers are all microsized businesses with a dozen or two items to sell. I've got thousands, and I am not going to waste my time on this app, irrespective of how wonderful Paypal may be otherwise, unless i can mass import my inventory data using a spreadsheet or something similar. 

Login to Me Too

New-m00n-Signs
New Community Member

If you'll get into your PayPal account, switch to the new view, click tools then PayPal here, you can manage your catalog, I still can't find an option to import a csv file, I agree this is a needed option as well as linking the PayPal here to regular web accesed invoicing.

Login to Me Too

Craftspeed
New Community Member

Add us to the list of payPal Here users who would like to be able to upload or otherwiser collate our inventory for paypal here transactions as we use PayPal for online transactions via the website.  It's a pain having to do manual stock updates from PayPal here payments.  If we could upload the catalogue, it would mean we could itemise sales far more efficiently and from that, do a daily reconciliation on stock.

The lack of this feature would be enough for us to consider moving providers as our business grows. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.