Not able to even apply for a PayPal Debit Card -- WHY?!

AMRogers
New Community Member

I would like to sign up for  a PayPal Debit Card, but every time I try to get to the application, I get this message: 

"Sorry, you're not eligible for the PayPal Debit MasterCard®. This may be because you live outside the United States or you've already applied in the last 30 days."

Well, I do live in the US (my address in confirmed) & I have never applied for a card with PayPal before!  😕

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

BottomDollar
Contributor
Contributor

Any other cause notwithstanding, I'm pretty sure that per my post above, you need to have a Premier account or have received at least $500 sent to your account.  If you don't meet that requirement plus the others (I cc'd them again below) then it's not going to work.  If you do, I suspect (but don't know because I'm not a Premier accountholder) it will. 

Here's the requirements I got from their automated "Sarah" again:

"To qualify for the PayPal Debit MasterCard®, you'll need to:
* Have a Premier or Business account in the U.S. or have received at least $500 with a Personal account.
* Have been a PayPal member for at least 60 days.
* Link a credit card whose monthly statement is sent to a street address (not a PO Box).
* Be Verified.
* Provide the last 4 digits of your Social Security number and date of birth.
* Be an active PayPal member in good standing.
To apply, click here. I'm right here if you have any other questions."
Good luck.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.