My Cash prepaid card wont load into my account

bubbasAnn
Contributor
Contributor

Please help,

I just purchased this My Cash prepaid card to load into my Paypal account.  I have followed the listed steps to add funds, it asks "Load 130.00" ?  I click yes..... and it shows me a reply "null" ?  I am sooooo frustrated right now and I need my money to pay a bill.  Please someone help with any suggestions????

Thank you in advance.....

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

starlitetech
Contributor
Contributor

Agreed. Do NOT purchase one of these PayPal My Cash refill cards unless you want to gamble with potentially losing access to the money you used to purchase the card for an unknown amount of time. You may never get the money back. I recently purchased one of these refill cards using cash (fortunately it was only $35) and have been trying 3-5 times a day for the past week using different browesers etc to sucessfully redeem the money into my PayPal account and am presented with the same error every time:

"Sorry, the redemption of your My Cash card could not be completed at this time. Please call PayPal customer service at Login, Click "Contact", Click "Call Us" so that we can resolve this issue for you. PayPal Error Code =26"

I did a little research after the first couple failed attempts and from what I gathered, PayPal has had an internal ticket about this issue (meaning they are aware of the problem) for ages and has done absolutely nothing to resolve it. It's really kind of a joke, if you look at the fine print on the http://www.paypal.com/cash website, you will notice at the very bottom it states that:

"iTC Financial Licenses, Inc. or IH Financial Services, Inc. reserves the right to delay PIN redemption or funds availability to prevent fraud and is not responsible for any delay with respect to when redeemed funds will be made available or credited to you by PayPal or any failure of PayPal to accept or process any funds remitted to it."

and on the FAQ page regarding refunds it states that:

"How can I request a refund for an unused My Cash card?

[removed broken link from answer] Except where otherwise required by law, all refund requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis and may be granted or refused in our sole discretion."

So in other words, by purchasing one of these PayPal My Cash refill cards you are giving them permission to delay redemption of your funds inevitably (for whatever reason they want), blame the delay (or any other issues you may have) on PayPal, and not give you a refund (if they don't feel like it). I can't believe PayPal is allowing this and turning a blind-eye to it. This kind of business practice should be illegal.

Login to Me Too

starlitetech
Contributor
Contributor

Update: It should also be noted that the answer to the question regarding refunds in the FAQ section that I mentioned in my previos post actually reads:

"In the event where we are unable to verify your identity you may request a refund via the My Cash website. You must be logged in to request a refund. After logging in, come back to this FAQ menu option to access the refund option. Click here to login to My Cash.

Except where otherwise required by law, all refund requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis and may be granted or refused in our sole discretion."

Yet if you follow those instructions exactly by logging in to your paypal account first, then going back to that page and clicking on that link (https://www.paypal-cash.com/mycashrefund.html) to get a refund, it still doesn't work. It just takes you back to the home page instead of a page where you can request a refund. So not only can I not load the money into my PayPal account, but I can't even request a refund for the refill card that I cannot use. Great. Does this refund link work for anyone else?

Login to Me Too

starlitetech
Contributor
Contributor

Refund page appears to be working now. I was finally able to login a request a refund and was provided with a confirmation number. Crossing my fingers and hoping I receive the refund check in the mail in the next 10 business days. Thank you PayPal for addressing this.

Login to Me Too

mw92150
New Community Member

DO NOT USE THE MY CASH PAYPAL CARD. I wish I had read this blog/thread before purchasing the MY CASH PayPal card at CVS. It is extremely difficult to use. CVS is a lousy store also. It figures that they would sell such a PIECE OF ........

Login to Me Too

Akers22
Contributor
Contributor

hai am having the same problem and wanting to know what going on and when it will be fixed but no one will tell me anything and it been 9 day i have tried to contact them about it and no answers.

Login to Me Too

Knance
Contributor
Contributor

I can't get mine to work either. Not many people are coming back to the forum and stating whether or not they ever got their money. Paypal must be aware that this has been ongoing for a long time. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.