Moneypak new Paypal account Question.

Uitz
New Community Member

First of all, thank you for putting in time into reading my thread.

My question is, I'm a unexperienced paypal user, but I've done my reading and I've taken interest into the Moneypak.

Now, I'm trying to purchase from a virtual seller (Which I Trust), and my question is am I able to send the money to the seller with the money I withdrew from the moneypak? My account holds on CC or Bank information, and I just wanted to get this cleared up.

Thank you.

(170$'s to be accurate.)

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Uitz,

Welcome to the community! 🙂

The moneypak has been integrated with PayPal so that it can be added and used on a PayPal account with no bank or credit cards.  I expect that there should be no issue using those funds to pay the seller.

There are some situations where the PayPal website may still ask you to add a bank account or credit card. I've listed some of the possibilities below.  If you try to make the payment and it asks for a credit card or bank account, these situations may explain why:

• One situation is if the PayPal account has already reached it's lifetime sending limit and now needs to be Verified.  Click the "View Limits" link on the Account Overview page to check the limit.  If you're a new PayPal user this is probably not going to be an issue.

• Another situation is when a seller requires a confirmed address.  The website will ask for a card so that the address can be confirmed as a billing address with the credit card issuer.  Most sellers do not require a confirmed address.

• If a seller is requesting authorization for a billing agreement, subscription or recurring payment.  PayPal would ask for a card or bank in those situations as a back-up payment method does need to be on file for recurring payments and subscriptions.

• In some rare cases a seller may be using PayPal Orders and Authorizations.  This allows them to obtain permission to charge the account at a later time for up to 115% of the initial payment but no more than $75 more than the initial payment.  Some merchants use this feature for greater flexibility to modify shipping, tax or add gratuity.  For example, if a merchant is requesting an authorization for $50 and you have added exactly $50 using the moneypak, it's possible the website would ask for a card to be added as the merchant would still be able to capture that authorization for $57.50 (115%) and a payment method would need to be available for the extra $7.50. 

Sorry, I got a little in depth there. 🙂  These 4 situations are rare but I just wanted to make sure I listed them here just in case.

I hope this helps! 😄

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.